Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo
Default OUT WEST CLASS B SOCIAL EVENT - IT'S OFFICIAL

It's official! We have a space, we have a date, now all we need is for you all to come.

The first (annual?) Out West Class B Social will be October 3,4,5th 2008 at the Riverside Oasis Campground in Moab Utah. The website for the campground is www.riversideoasis.com It's a nice park, with lots of shade, right along the Colorado River.

We have 20 sites reserved under my name. If you would like to attend, please call the park and make your reservation. You can reach them toll free at 1-877-285-7757. Tell them that you're going to be with me (Julie Yap). We are asking that you call the campground and reserve by no later than July 1st, 2008. (you can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the date and not be charged).

All campsites are full hookups and are $32.00 per night (plus tax). There is also a charge of $5.00 per pet (for the entire weekend - not per night)

If we get enough people to attend, then we'll be able to add some extra events such as a Dutch Oven Dinner or a nighttime cruise on the Colorado River, or a trail ride - or other fun activities that are available right in the area.

This RV park is about 30 miles off of I-70 and about 2 miles south of Arches National Park. It's also within a days drive of some other great parks such as Canyonlands, Escalante and Mesa Verde. There's a lot to see and do in that area, and the scenery is awesome!

Julie
Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #2

October, sure would like to be there. Have to see how things go this summer. We were out in that area about that time last year, loved it. Great trip from Florida!! zz
zigzagguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
Platinum Member

It's a great area, lots to see and do. I just did a quick map search, it's 137 miles to Mesa Verde NP, 157 Miles to Capital Reef, 226 miles to Zion NP, and 326 to the south rim of the Grand Canyon (even closer if you go to the north rim)
Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Sounds like fun, but school's in session...

https://www.the-buckeye.org/falcon.jpg
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

We have 34 units signed up, the campground is running out of room. If you're interested in coming, be sure to call them right away!

Here's a partial list of those attending:

http://b-rally.org/UtahRally.htm
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Wow - there are lots of people on that list I like to meet. We just don't have enough vacation to do everything we want to do.

Julie - I'm curious - how many days will it take you to get there?

I was surprised to see that you're basically the same distance away as I am.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
Platinum Member

We can make it to Moab in 24 hours if we go through Denver. However, we promised to meet our friend Lavenia down near OK City somewhere, and drive part way with her. This will be her first big trip alone since Dennis passed away. I think we'll most likely drive to OK City in one day, spend a night, then take 2 days to drive the rest. It's a LONG drive across Texas!!

On the way home we're going to stop in Denver and check out my brother's new place, so that'll probably make it a 2 day trip home.

JV
Old 06-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
Platinum Member

According to my computer count down widget we are 109 days away from arriving at the Moab B Social.

Right now we are trying to figure out our going to and coming from Moab schedule. We certainly will not rush down and back. Too many other places in between Minnesota and Utah.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
Gold Member

And knowing you David a few stops for some pork tenderloin sandwiches.
I've also been looking at maps and using AAA to plan our route. Not sure which way we are going yet. So many ways to go and so many things to see along the way.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Davydd and Ennajean - we should all meet up and leave from here and drive together - via OK City to pick up Lavenia. Dave can show us all the good food along the way.

I do have to make sure and stop at the 4-B restaurant in Gallup NM. They have the worlds best home made soup and everything else on the menu is pretty good too. We make it a point to stop at a 4-B every time we go through Gallup or Butte MT.

We will probably take our time coming home (work allowing) and stop by Taos NM to visit my nieces, then Evergreen CO to visit my brother, and then who knows from there?

JV
Old 08-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #11
Platinum Member

The countdown is now 53 days to the Moab B Social. I'm still trying to figure what would be the best route that time of year from Minnesota. I know Yellowstone will be snowed in by then from experience so a northern route through Wyoming and RockyMountain NP and then down like we did Moab in the past might not be the best. I thought about dipping straight down through Missouri and then west. That would provide some pork tenderloin sandwich stops in Iowa and Missouri. Since I have a Nebraska state park pass from Niobrara good for this year yet it might be advantageous to make a stop there somewhere. Still have to figure all this out. So many decisions.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
Platinum Member

We will go through Denver (and visit my brother). We need to stop in Iowa and check on the farm, so we'll go from here across I-90 to Hwy 71 in Jackson MN, then south from there. We'll drive through IA on 71 down to I-80, then across toward Denver and to Moab from there. It's all interstate (except the Iowa part) so we're not too worried about snow.

I don't know what the return plans are yet. We don't know if we'll be coming straight home or if we'll hang out in the SW for a while. I would love to stop in Socorro NM and visit my niece on the way back.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #13
Gold Member

We are hoping to head towards S.D. and then down towards Utah via Mount Rushmore and that area. Now if weather is snowy might have to make alternate plans. Dont want no snow in Sep. but who knows.