Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2023, 04:58 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Western Idaho

I'm finalizing plans for our trip this spring, and am looking for recommendations for places to stay in western Idaho. We'll be on our way back from Utah and Arizona, and we've got a night reserved at Three Island Crossing state park near Glenn's Ferry, Idaho. We're going to visit the grandchildren in Coeur d'Alene, and I think we'd like to go north on state route 55 vs US 95, until the two merge near McCall.

This will be at the end of May (leaving Three Island Crossing on the 25th), and we'll probably camp one night in between Three Island Crossing and Coeur d'Alene. So, we're looking for somewhere to camp approximately halfway between the two. Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance.
graywolfkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:04 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I've been camping for 25 years and the greatest campsite I've ever experienced was in the Hells Canyon Wilderness. Vast, completely undeveloped, beautiful country. There are a couple of very basic campgrounds right on the rim. Quiet, secluded, incredible scenery. Highly recommended!
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:32 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N147JK View Post
I've been camping for 25 years and the greatest campsite I've ever experienced was in the Hells Canyon Wilderness. Vast, completely undeveloped, beautiful country. There are a couple of very basic campgrounds right on the rim. Quiet, secluded, incredible scenery. Highly recommended!
Thanks - I'll check it out.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:05 PM   #4
Platinum Member

We stayed at a campsite (state? federal? not sure.) on the St. Joe river. One of the highlights of of being in Idaho - gorgeous and empty!
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:21 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegw2 View Post
We stayed at a campsite (state? federal? not sure.) on the St. Joe river. One of the highlights of of being in Idaho - gorgeous and empty!
Thanks, I will definitely check that out. As a fly fisherman, I've long been interested in visiting the St. Joe.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:40 PM   #6

I am currently planning a trip in that area this summer and was thinking about staying a night or two at http://www.swiftwaterrv.com/
Doc Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 03:18 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Foster View Post
I am currently planning a trip in that area this summer and was thinking about staying a night or two at http://www.swiftwaterrv.com/
That might be perfect for us - thanks!