Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Where and when is your next trip?

We probably will not be heading out again until September. For the next two weeks we have our daughter and granddaughter visiting from northern Virginia. Then we will probably save time for the Minnesota State Fair before Labor Day. And we have to finish installing our porcelain tile floor in our house (over 700 sf). I also have to install a hitch and buy a hitch box to store our inflatable kayaks I've mentioned. Too much to do for the rest of this month.

So, our next trip will be in September and it will be someplace on the Minnesota Lake Superior North Shore. We're debating going back to the Gunflint Trail or maybe trying the Sawbill Trail. Both end at national park campgrounds flirting with the shores of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

Our next trip is to a funeral in Northern MN on Tuesday AM (bright and early) We'll probably drive up and camp somewhere in the area Monday night, then drive home after the service on Tuesday.

We'll also do a State Fair trip with the B this year. Since it's so far from home now, it'll be extra nice to have the B for a resting spot. We did it a few years ago, right after we got our PW. During the hottest part of the afternoon we went out to the B, cranked up the gene and the AC and took a nap until late afternoon, then went back to enjoy the fair after dark.

The next long trip will be Moab! Hopefully with a few stops on the way back home. I have 2 weeks set aside for that trip.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

We had planned to head up to Strathcona Provincial Park for our next trip but changed our plans. We want to be near the ocean instead.

Instead we think we'll try nearby Pacific Playgrounds RV Park

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
Gold Member

Heading to Wis. Dells next week for a 4 day camping trip....then Labor Day to a state park with some of our kids and grandkids. Then on to Moab leaving probably the second week in Sep. Hope to make our Moab trip 2 months or so. Plan on heading from Moab down to Lake Havasu Az. then toward New Mexco before heading back to Wis. Want to be home for Thanksgiving. Then put the B away tell we head to Louisiana in April.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:52 AM   #5

Our plans for the coming week are to get away from the extreme heat here at home. Heading for Morro Bay for a few days to eat lots of fish and breathe cool air.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #6

We have to wait until after the honey season, until September. At that time we will head south through through the Caribou and down into the Kootenays. We like to take in the Garlic Festival in New Denver along with the hotsprings tour. Then we will go over through Nelson to Creston and Cranbrook to visit friends. After that we will go up through Radium and Banff to visit family, then over to Medicine Hat to see the grandson and his servants. Returning we will go up through Western Saskatchewan to visit a small prairie town that I grew up in MANY years ago. Then we will follow the Yellowhead through Edmonton, where we will pick up some bee "gear" and back through Jasper to our home in B C. This is a great trip as you can see all the combining in the wheatfields, and get the great fall weather without the heat , As well the mountains are particularily beautiful in the fall. Strangely , no matter where we will stop, there will magically appear a Quilt Store, that "we" simply must stop to see, ( For about two hours each time ) We plan to be away for most of the month.
Ferzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
Silver Member

I'm going to San Diego first week of November, seeing some friends, then heading over to Slab City to check that out.

A swing thru Quartzsite and then it's back to Stealth Van Camping in the Phoenix area until next Summer.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy trip!

Chip
Old 08-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

We're adding a short trip. I think we'll take our grandson to the Chippewa Valley Airshow in Eau Claire Wisconsin the weekend of Sept 13-14. The Blue Angels will be performing. I think he'll get a big kick out of that.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #9

I've only had my new 2008 Sportsmobile 4x4 for a little over a month. I'm trying to do one camping weekend a month for the rest of this year. Just got back from the Catskills (around Oneonta) this past weekend. Not sure where September trip will be. But in October I'm meeting my 71 year old father in the Shenandoah Valley for a long weekend. We've got a riverside boondocking site reserved at Low Water Bridge Campground. I bring the B, Dad brings the canoe. Can't wait!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:52 AM   #10
Silver Member

Next trip will be a short one... we plan to try to get a site at a state campground this next weekend for maybe only one night, but I'm hoping for a 2nighter. Depends some on the weather forecast...no way I'll get wife to go if it's forecast for rain.
kenking is offline   Reply With Quote