RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-30-2020, 11:48 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvairguy View Post
I installed a microwave and ended up getting stuck living in the van for about 4 months, I had to have a oven and got a nice toaster oven. I hated it from the minute I put it in because I lost the space for the stuff I had to move from it's new spot.

I started looking for a convection microwave and was just about to buy the 450 dollar breville combi wave when I came across the 98 dollar Galanz unit at walmart. It's a convection oven, it roasts, bakes, combi bakes and microwave, auto reheat and auto cooks and is also an air fryer.

I've used all it's features and have to say it's been great. I never thought I would ever buy an air fryer but I've used that feature a few times and it works good too. If I ever end up with another rig and it doesn't have an oven I'll plan on adding one of these.
Great suggestion!

05 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted with Custom Battery Box, Two 225ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & so very much more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #22
Platinum Member

My thread is back from the dead! Perfect for Halloween.

Recently we decided to try the Omnia stove-top oven after watching a video by "From She To Me" on YouTube. We made mini-scones in it using the silicone muffin insert, and they turned out quite well. So, if you have propane cooktop in your camper van, this may very well be worth a try. As an FYI, we bought the oven and several options, including the grate, the pair of silicone forms that fit into the oven, the silicone form for muffins, and the zipper bag. It's very nicely sized for use in a camper van, and with a bit of patience and an instant read oven thermometer, it's not particularly difficult to turn out very nice results on a scale that makes sense in a camper van. One less electric appliance in the van is a huge win in our book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YLJQ5U

From She To Me video (fast forward to 17:24 to see her show off the Omnia oven):

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:24 PM   #23
Platinum Member

We just ordered a Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 indoor grill we are supposed to have delivered tomorrow. I designed a place for it in our next van along with an Instant Pot. We will also have the microwave but may lessen the need for a convection oven. The only thing I desire is to bake pizza. A convection oven I know will do it, but I have baked pizza in a Dutch oven with charcoals and have an electric Breville Pizza maker I can carry.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:04 AM   #24
Platinum Member

One more option for making pizza where campfires are allowed and the campfire has a grill over it: In that scenario, over a nice campfire we made personal-sized pizzas on small Bialetti pizza stones that are 7.5" on a side. Perfect!
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:15 PM   #25
Platinum Member

i might consider a Roccbox or an Ooni pizza oven. Those are compact outdoor ovens gas or wood fired that have high temperatures to bake a Neapolitan style pizza in under 3 minutes.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:32 PM   #26
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
i might consider a Roccbox or an Ooni pizza oven. Those are compact outdoor ovens gas or wood fired that have high temperatures to bake a Neapolitan style pizza in under 3 minutes.
Hello Sir .. And ThanX 4 your insigth .. Much appreciated .. I utilize the Italia pizza oven (only GAS operated) .. It does heat 2 Napoli recommended temps .. Having been 2 italy a couple of times .. I have had the chance 2 KooK with local chefs and their knowledge .. My recipes for that particular R authentik (not internet recipes) .. Again ThanX .. I C your PIK 4 your profilr seems 2 B @ the Acropole in Greece ..Am i correct ?
Old 10-03-2020, 03:01 AM   #27
Platinum Member

One of my RV hobbies in traveling the country is seeking road food or the independent restaurants across the country making regional foods. I am concentrating on Pursuing the pork tenderloin sandwich, the deep-fried breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches mostly found in the Midwest but it is a challenge to find them elsewhere. I created a Facebook group that just crossed over to 43,000 members. I conceived about 200-300 members to help me in my travels. My other pursuit is Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas. 15 years ago they were rare. Now there are to many to get to all.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #28

I installed RecPro Microwave a few weeks ago. My favorites are the Pizza and Dinner Plate because theyíre useful for my daily RV life.
So, I decided to purchase RecPro Microwave while reading the reviews:
https://www.riversidetrailer.com/best-rv-microwaves/

Philipclopez is offline   Reply With Quote