Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Norpro Flexible Cutting Boards

A few weeks ago, we spent a couple of nights with friends on their 44' Trawler. Yes, I know that this is not a B, but some similar principals apply. Although a boat like this has considerably more storage space than a B, this couple is very space conscious. I noticed that when cooking that they used a flexible cutting board. Ta Da, I thought this would work for Scout, our B.

I ordered a set of these from Amazon and they work great. So great in fact that one went in Scout and two are at the sticks and bricks (since we are in Florida, more precisely sticks and concrete block ) home. We paid a little over $6 from Amazon.

Give them a try, I think you will like them...

http://www.norpro.com/store/products/fl ... s-3-pc-set
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Norpro Flexible Cutting Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonhks
A few weeks ago, we spent a couple of nights with friends on their 44' Trawler. Yes, I know that this is not a B, but some similar principals apply. Although a boat like this has considerably more storage space than a B, this couple is very space conscious. I noticed that when cooking that they used a flexible cutting board. Ta Da, I thought this would work for Scout, our B.

I ordered a set of these from Amazon and they work great. So great in fact that one went in Scout and two are at the sticks and bricks (since we are in Florida, more precisely sticks and concrete block ) home. We paid a little over $6 from Amazon.

Give them a try, I think you will like them...

http://www.norpro.com/store/products/fl ... s-3-pc-set
We have had a multicolored set (different brand I think) for several years, also from Amazon. DW likes the colors, as she can use one color for raw poultry only and such to help prevent contamination. The fit perfectly in the cabinet above the stove (C190P with the newer kitchen style, no fan). They bend and hook behind the top front and rear bottom of the cabinet, out of the way and easy to get at.

Since we put the drawers in the under stove compartment, we also no carry two of the plastic, rigid cutting boards. The sit vertically in the tallest drawer, and help keep thing in place. The rigid ones are nice to use as a lap tray, on an uneven picnic table, or to carry food on when taking it outside. For us a bit of overkill, but nice, but the flexible ones take care of 90% of what we need.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Those thin flexible type cutting surfaces are sold just about everywhere now. Target has them so I would guess Walmart does as well.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

We have used those things for years around the house. Ours are different colors and we marked them for use for all sorts of meats, chicken and veggies. Being fairly new to the RV world, we use them as multi purpose things in the Queen B. Have used them as funnels, campfire bellows and other things. The most important use was for an inspection cover on the genie! Ours "fell" off last fall somewhere on the road and I used the largest one to cover the opening (duct tape) to keep the inside clean. It is still there, a new one here is about $150.00, still looking for a used one cause I am a cheap kinda guy. They are multi-use for sure.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote