Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
g1g
Platinum Member

Default 1995 Dodge Coachman Saratoga

We just got it this fall used and only had one short weekend to try it out. The floorplan was what I thought I wanted with the bed in the middle but I think I would have prefered it in the back giving more room to move around. With the short shakedown trip I don't have much experiance but here are my thoughts.
I really do not know how it compares to others with storage capacity but it is limited
Pro
The Dodge has great MPG. between 15-16 so far. This is only 6 MPG less than my car. My newer Chevy van only gets about 12 empty
Handles extremely well and enough power
Has almost everything I need
Cons
Only 1 house battery and relay controlled can cause it to go down fast
No counter space, I want a toaster oven and cannot get a hanging one
No inside shower
I hear in 2 years the TV will be obsolete since it is not HDTV but I plan on making use of the old space for storage while getting a flat panel TV.

Overall I am happy with it and for anyone looking for one I will say know what you have to spend and have a list of options you must have and others you would like. Then see and compare what you can get for that. I think I got a good deal.
Maybe after several more trips I can repost with updates
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote