Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #1

Default 1995 islander supreme b class

Just bought a 1995 Bclass by islander. It's on a dodge 3500 chassis.The vehicle was built in B.C. by islander r.v.(believe no longer in business).It has 84000 km on it and seems to run great.I've only gone on a few trips and everything seems to work well.I would like to hear from anyone with a similar unit,and find out if there are any things to lookout for.
billyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #2

Default Re: 1995 islander supreme b class

We owned 3 Islanders over a 10 year period( don't have one now).
They are well-built and the Dodge chass is reliable. I can't think of anything to look out for that's not normal maintenance.
We drove a 1991 Supreme/ 5.9 L across Canada to Newfoundland and return with only some electrical problems: One required a new alternator in Ontario; the other was computer related and a Quebec Canadian Tire mechanic resolved it using a couple of old parts I carried with me which got us home.
The Islander factory moved to Nfld about 1998 and stopped production of the full size Islanders about a year or two later.
Enjoy your unit.
westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote