Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #1

Default 1999 American Cruiser

Just a quick review of the lastest addition. Purchased a 1999 American Cruiser from an ederly couple that didn't use it much. It had 25,001 miles on it the day I bought it 2 months ago. Took it to Delaware weekend before last over 1,000 mile trip. Ran great and no trouble with cross winds or big trucks. Got 13mpg+- up hill down hill and at 70mph for most of the trip. Had rear air bags at 65# and front tires at same 65# rear tires at 80#. Seems good and stable that way. Here's what it came with: 360 V8, Air/tilt/cruise/PW/PL/PM/inetrmitten wipers, stereo-tape player, generator w/service record, dual battries(new), 4 new HD tires, new service and inspection, fantastic fan forward and manual fan with lights at rear, wet bath, dual awnings, electric rear steps, real oak(wood) cabinets and trim, continental kit, class III hitch wired and w/accesssories, has 2 single beds or you can have one big one. 2 burner, 6gal HW heater, 12 volt pump, Stereo w/CD and outside covered speakers, 37gal water tank, 37gal holding tanks, TV/VCR, dinette for 2, stainless sink, Black&Decker builtin coffee maker, small micro with turntable, good size 3 way fridge w/freezer, Firestone air ride bags over rear axle with separate air fill, airconditioning unit is a standard Fedders window unit built-in flush on the drivers side and enters cabin under closet(works great and a snap to replace if needed).
The unit is in super shape and the drive train is exemplary. Needed cleanup but the paint under the unit is as shiney as the outside. They didn't do any dirt stuff and stored it on a pad.
We put 3,000 more miles in and wife says "Too Small" so its going on the block: ...............Mike

Gunruner1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #2

Default Re: 1999 American Cruiser

congratulations on your find. mine is a 2000 and i just love it.
what did you do about the digital tv conversion?
i pulled the tv partially out to see what was behind it. the tv was too heavy for me to pull all the way and see exactly what the wiring went to.
any insight on the situation is appreciated.
cruisin america is offline   Reply With Quote