Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #1

Default 2012 Roadtrek Ranger

This is the first class B RV I've owned. I have nowhere to go but up. The engineering & workmanship that went into this model has to be the worst (I hope) in the industry.

The suspension is so poor that, together with cabinet door latches that are poorly designed, doors fly open and goods spew out with even the slightest bump in the road.

There are YouTube videos on how to adjust the door latches but they only cover doors some of the cabinet door hinge types. Raplacement latches cost $50 each and you might as well but 10 as you will need them in the first 20,000 miles. I'm looking at cabinet hardware to replace all of these poor designed latches.

If poor latches are not enough, at one bump in the road (an interstate highway, not a backroad) the whole waste water piping system fell down and started dragging on the road. This at 15,000 miles - I'm hoping it will fall under the warranty.
Durham Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Ranger is their cheapest model. Usually, buying an RV a couple years old, the previous owner has worked out most of the bugs.

If you bought it with warranty from a dealer, then he should make good on repairs - don't let things linger, contact him right away for replacements & repairs.

If you bought private party, you may have warranty remaining and you should get with a Roadtrek dealer ASAP.

Good luck!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote