Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #21

I love my 70A. At first I thought that I would like the sofa bed on the 70X but after seeing how much room the captain's chairs take up in the front end(even though you can remove at least one of them) and the microwave down so low, I changed my mind. It seemed to be a better fit for someone doing a lot of day trips with more than 2 people, like going to football, softball or soccer games. And boy, am I glad I went with the 70A. It is just my GSD and myself traveling to horse shows. I leave the wedge in the back and keep the bed made up. It is perfect for what I need it for. I also second the opinion on the dry bath and the slide out on the 70C. If you want those things, better to go with a smaller C. I saw one on the lot and hated it. It seemed to be made for people who want to take long baths. The maneuverability and driveability make the Bs great for someone looking to spend a lot of time driving and sightseeing and spending a lot of time outdoors instead of cooped up inside an RV.
TinStarArabians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:29 AM   #22

This thread went cold last year but I have a few questions on the subject of the ERA and I hope someone can answer them.

I'm drawn to the dry bath in the 70C but from reading this thread it sounds like most people here like the 70A. The 70X has a slightly large wet bath. Is it really impractical to shower in a wet bath? Do you simply have to sit down?

The 70C has hydronic heating and the other two have a Truma Combi Eco Plus system. Is one really better than the other?

Are the fold out and tumble out beds comfortable to sleep on? Do you have to put a pad on top? Where do you store them, they're bulky?

I noticed that very few B class models have vents over the cooktop. Does the ceiling vent do the trick? After all, you're combusting a fossil fuel in a small space.

Are the Advanced RVs that much better? I think the Ocean One starts at around $170K and goes up from there. Are they negotiable? Depending on the model, the ERAs MSRP is about $130K but I've seen them advertised for about $90K and that's without haggling.

The Leisure Vans are attractive but pricey as well. I hear there's little wiggle room on them. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Voyager1
Voyager1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:17 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Look for ERA's at a price point of about 25% off list, maybe more for the C as it has been a sales disappointment for WGO.
A class B is a compromise in most departments. What little we use our shower, (70A), wife stands, I sit. More elbow room for me. Worst part of the wet shower for us is getting the towels dry afterwards, so we have a very small 12v fan that we aim into the shower overnight that dries it well. 99.5% of the time, we use the campground showers when available. Microfiber towels help a lot.
The roof vent is your cooktop vent, if you use the cooktop. We don't...
The beds are comfy for us. We don't use the center section at all and leave it at home. Wife made some fitted mattress covers for ours that work well. We use Travasaks for our bedding switching side per the seasons.

Advanced RV's are the cream of the crop, and it shows, being 100% custom to every customer. Excellent customer service, friendly staff, and a good company owner and wife. They sometimes have new units that for whatever reason a customer had to cancel during the build, or have sold back to the company for health reasons etc. Also some used rental units that are refurbished before they sell them. Can't say about negotiating $$ on new ones, but I doubt it. The best is expensive....

The Truma Combi is a neat piece of equipment that most owners just love once they figure it out. Much better and quieter than the old separate furnace and HWH.
Can't say about the other as I don't know anyone that has a C model

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #24

Do you know the difference in Winnebago Era 170C vs Winnebago Era 70C?
Sam & Derba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam & Derba View Post
Do you know the difference in Winnebago Era 170C vs Winnebago Era 70C?
Isn't any, same coach. The 1 in the model is an internal to WGO term

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #26

Default Rent a B

Are there dealers where you can rent a 70m to try it out? Really like the small size with dry bath. 2 zones would be better, though, thanks! rg
Waxgelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:13 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
The roof vent is your cooktop vent, if you use the cooktop.
IMO, the trend to eliminate a stove vent is unfortunate. As far as I know, the only Class B that still includes one is the Avion Azur.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
IMO, the trend to eliminate a stove vent is unfortunate. As far as I know, the only Class B that still includes one is the Avion Azur.
In looking at that Avion Azur I am not seeing an outside exhaust. If the vent unit is just filtering inside like some range hoods do I would rather use the ceiling exhaust fan.

Anyway what trend? In the past decade plus I've been involved with Class B ownership I am unaware of any major converter putting in stove vents. Advanced RV has built some units with stove vents exhausting to the outside at the request of the customer.

Frying food inside is pretty much avoided by us. Heating things like soup where the vapors are steam the ceiling fan has been adequate. Most all our cooking is done outside anyway.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #29
BBQ
Platinum Member

The fewer opening on the van, the better.

The fewer cooking inside the van, the better.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
In looking at that Avion Azur I am not seeing an outside exhaust. If the vent unit is just filtering inside like some range hoods do I would rather use the ceiling exhaust fan.

Anyway what trend? In the past decade plus I've been involved with Class B ownership I am unaware of any major converter putting in stove vents. Advanced RV has built some units with stove vents exhausting to the outside at the request of the customer.

Frying food inside is pretty much avoided by us. Heating things like soup where the vapors are steam the ceiling fan has been adequate. Most all our cooking is done outside anyway.
I contacted Avion regarding the Azur and a sales rep indicated that their stove vent unit does vent to the outside. Apparently it vents down thru the floor or something to that effect.

I used the base line of the eighties and nineties for the trend observation. Perhaps one reason for this change is that these days perhaps the microwave is used more in preference to the stove.

Whatever the venting or lack thereof, I agree that frying food in a motor home is not a good idea, unless it's bacon, of course, in which case there is no risk or downside not worth embracing.

Outside of that, most of our cooking is done at Dennys.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Our midyear 07 Roadtrek C190P was one of the first without the range hood. At first we thought we would miss having it (first RV for us), but in 8 years we can't think of any time we would have even used it, and we like the cupboard room and head clearance increase. They could have done the same with stove which has never been used. All cooking outside except microwave, with the propane grill and Fold-N-Go two burner stove.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote