Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default 2021 Pleasure Way Lexor FL Review Part 1

When my wife and I began deciding on an RV, she was insistent on a trailer, as we already had a possible tow vehicle. For a variety of reasons, my preference was not to get a trailer, beginning with our plans were to travel with the RV and stay in one place not more than a few days and I didn't want to deal with setting up and tearing down and most importantly, I didn't want to buy a large tow vehicle, so we would need to find something that would comfortably fall withing our Honda Pilot's tow capacity of 4500#'s.

Frankly, I'm conservative when it comes to towing and would prefer that we not exceed 70% of the max tow, which limited our options. We looked at a bunch of trailers that would fit the restriction and weren't impressed. We did like a a couple of fiberglass trailers that were only available factory direct and across the country from us and the Safari Condo Alto, but SC told us that the Alto had a 24 month waiting list. That eliminated that.

My wife finally came around to the idea of some sort of motorhome. Her requirements were a full bath and a bed that was a couch when not used for sleeping. Me? I wanted a vehicle about 20'long so that it would be mostly maneuverable in most urban/suburban areas and the chassis seats that pivot to become part of the camper's living area. That eliminated many Class C's, we did look at a couple of Class A's, mostly out of curiosity. So a class B it was.

We were looking in the summer of 2020 and finding models available, new or used was a problem. So our search had a pretty short list. Among others, we looked at the Travato, Solis and Revel from Winnebago along with the 19' Airstream. I was very interested in the Safari Condo XL series, but with Covid restrictions going to Quebec to see one was out of the question and we would need to buy the chassis in the US and deliver it to Quebec, add to that an 18 month wait. A neighbor has a 2020 Lexor FL and my wife saw it and decided that was what we would get. I said, "Yes dear."

I'll break the review into sections, exterior, interior and the ProMaster chassis. I won't delve into the sub systems, generator, fridge etc, mostly because these are pretty much generic or we didn't have experience with them.

Except for monthly maintenance operation, we never used the generator. The solar panels kept the batteries at needed capacity or we went somewhere to see the local sights. We weren't out late enough in the season to need the heater and we only used the AC one night when we had shore power and I'll tell you it kept the van cool, but it was bloody loud.

A note: for 2022 PleasureWay has discontinued the Lexor, likely because Amazon has pretty much bought up ProMaster production.
Sleeping Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

We've had our 2016 Lexor TS for almost 3 years now and we just love it. We bought it from the original owner. The issues/problems we've experienced are listed below. Since we are not original owners, there is no PW warranty, although they strive to be helpful by email and phone.

1) We discovered on the way home from where we purchased it that the alternator was not charging the battery. Turns out that the battery separator had failed and subsequently I found both 150 amp fuses from separator to coach were blown. I replaced the fuses and the separator and it behaved fine after that. Since then, I have ditched the separator and am using a Renogy 60 amp B-B which is described elsewhere in this forum. I think that your coach comes with a MasterVolt B-B charger so that upgrade has been done for you.

2) Not sure what fridge the 2021 comes with, but our Dometic RM8330 fridge should only be operated on 12V while driving or on short stops. That was not explicit in our owners manual, but I have been schooled about absorption fridges in this forum. In 12V mode the fridge pulls 15 amps continuously and will quickly drain your battery. In 120V or LP mode the operation is thermostatically controlled. Lots of people on this forum are not fans of absorption fridges, but now that I understand how they work, I am using AC or LP when we're camped and it performs very well.

3) I added a Victron battery monitor to keep better track of the SOC on the coach batteries, but I think your 2021 has that capability built in.

4) The OEM batteries are still going strong, but I'd like them better if they had temperature protection built in. Ours are located in a box under the RV which is nice for under seat storage space, but requires extra vigilance when it's cold outside to avoid damage by charging them if they are below 32F. The Victron BM allow me to measure the battery temps directly. Yours are located in the coach, so that's less of a problem.

5) The latch that keeps the under-microwave drawer in place is not the strongest thing. I found that I had to reposition it to keep the drawer secure and I have already replaced it once (and I have a spare for the next time it breaks). They are cheap and available on Amazon. Someday, I may install a proper locking latch.

6) The locking hinges that hold the cabinet doors open are finicky and a few of them require wiggling to lock open. I intend to replace those with better hinges when they completely fail.

7) The shower hoses in the bath and outside shower are so stiff as to be unusable. I bought inexpensive and flexible replacement hoses on Amazon (most shower wand hoses will work), but have yet to install them.

8 ) As you said, the AC and generator are loud and it's on my list to replace them with quieter units.

9) I was not a fan of the generator exhaust exiting right below the driver side bedroom window, so I relocated that to the back of the RV and installed a small resonator with the hope that it would quiet things up a bit. It's a couple of DB quieter now, but there is less chance of sucking exhaust gas into the coach in the rare instances where we are running the generator with the windows open.

Long list, but most are minor inconveniences and I probably could have lived with most of them. But, I have enjoyed tinkering with the RV and we do love it. I am sure you guys will too.

Check out the FaceBook PW owners forum, lots of good stuff to be found on that.