Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2022, 05:24 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default 2021 Pleasure Way Lexor FL Review Part 3, Interior

On entering the Lexor, it strikes you that the interior is light and airy. The cabinetry looks rich along with the seat material, which is some sort of pleather that is nice to the touch and comfortable. Looking a little closer, you'll note that the cabinet gaps are uniform and the doors fit flat. That seams where the counter top meets the van is well sealed and the sealant is unobtrusive.

The counter top it self is an artificial marble and includes a cover for the sink that can be used as a cutting board. My wife not wanting to mar it refugees to use it, so I'm making a maple one that will drop into the same space and fit flush. The faucet is permanently mounted and includes a spray nozzle. The sink itself is a good size and deep with a channel for water to find the drain. It would be nice if this channel were deeper.

Next to the sink is a 2-burner propane stove, probably the same or similar to most Class B's. Under the sink there is a cabinet and under the stove there is a microwave. I'd trade the microwave for a couple of drawers, my wife likes the microwave.

The bed is comfortable and deploys easily at the push of a button. It's a bit larger than queen size, which made finding a fitted sheet for it a problem. My solution is simply to use a sleeping bag, my wife fights with the bedding.

The bath is of the wet variety with the sole of the space the shower pan and the typical black water toilet. There is small a vanity with storage below and a 'medicine' chest with mirror below. The sink is small as you would expect with the faucet set to the left rather than behind.

The faucet also includes the shower head on a hose. Frankly I don't believe this works well and finding another solution is on the to-do list. The problem is that when the shower is actvated water finds its way from the valve to the vanity counter. My wife uses the shower, but after trying it a couple of time, I use the facilities at the campground or at a truck stop.Otherwise, I'll simply take a sponge bath.

For some reason PW put a non-opening window in the bath and to protect against moisture developing and to encourage air flow, the walls of the bath don't seal to the window. There is a cloth curtain, that requires a plastic 'shower cover' over the window. My wife decided that the cover would be left up, but within a few weeks it fell of when the hook and loop fasteners that were stuck on the cover, came off.

The Lexor package does include a TV w/multi directional antenna, Blue Ray player and a Sound Bar. At only one of the campgrounds that we stayed at could a broadcast TV station be found. Only one of the places we've stayed offered cable TV and there I couldn't get it to work, but didn't try hard. I wish that had been a delete option for reasons to be mentioned below.

Lexor FL vs. TS

The FL stand for Front Lounge a layout option created for those who desired a work space in addition to the dining table. To create the 'lounge' PW removed a tall cabinet behind the driver's seat and added a small folding table with an AC electrical outlet and USB port on the outer wall a ~12" off the floor. There is also a mounting bracket so the dining table can be placed in the front. To compensate for the loss of storage, a half cabinet has been placed above the left jump seat that becomes part of the bed and the TV is attached to that.

This makes the left jump seat effectively unusable. That is problematic, as the jump seats are the most convenient location for dining. In the back, the table can be pivoted out of the way, when not in use. Up front the table would hinder egress to the van. With the left jump seat unavailable, we position the table so one of us sits on the couch with the other on the right jump seat, straddling the table support.

How does the front lounge perform as an office? Not well. The folding table is centered on the bath wall rather than on where the driver's seat is located when rotated. This results in the left edge of the table being aligned with the seat's center. It works for holding your coffee or a beer, but not your computer. Oh and the outlets are too low to be easily accessed.

Today, I'm using the space behind the driver's seat to store a guitar along with my camera and computer bags. This winter I built a catch all bin for shoe storage and a place to drop infrequently used but usefull 'stuff' I'm considering relocating the folding table to the back of the sink cabinet and using it as a serving station when we are sitting under the awning. Potentially I may build a cabinet for space behind the driver's seat.

We've never seen the interior of the TS, except in pictures, but I'm pretty sure if I were to do it over again, I'd order the TS rather than the FL

Storage

The typical overhead cabinets are provided. They're good sized and the doors remain open when in use. Cabinet organizers would make them more useful.

There is a good sized shelf above the driver compartment that we use for storing bedding and the black out shades. The shades have only been used once as they are a pain to set up and the added privacy was only needed at one campsite. A better solution would be to hang a curtain behind the driver's compartment.

Under the couch there is a area about 18" deep by the width of the van. A third of the space is taken up by the house batteries and the couch supports cut it up further. You could just stuff a fair amount of things in that space, but it be a nightmare finding things. In the smaller corners I put things like the power cable and a small hand vacuum and a bottle jack. The open space in the middle is left open and I have a "Homer" bucket for the hose and water filters and a few odds and ends. Also a pair of aluminum cases, similar to ammo cans, that are 35 liters in capacity a piece. In these are tools, dog food and accessories, plus anything I want handy that isn't used for everyday living. Add to that a couple of Kermit Chairs and an old Coleman camp stove.*

* We cook anything that is greasy or splatters outside on the Coleman, it makes keeping the van interior clean, much easier. We also carry an electric hot plate.

Nits to pick.

USB outlets. Not counting the dash outlets that are keyed to the ignition, PW provides 3, one low on the side wall behind the driver's seat, one each, mounted low, next to the wheel wells on the jump seats. The outlets in the back have no location to place your charging device and are inaccessible when the bed is deployed. The plan it to replace the AC outlets on the kitchen cabinet with ones that combine AC and USB plugs.

Lighting, except for in the bath, all lighting is controlled by one of two touch panels, this includes on/off and dimming functions. That works fine, except if you need a bit of light durng the night and what comes on is half the interior lights at full brightness, waking your partner. Also, even when dimmed the LED's are a bit harsh. After out first trip, I added several, soft white, battery powered puck lights. Now when only a small bit of light is needed or mood lighting, those are used. Much nicer.
Sleeping Dog is offline   Reply With Quote