Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fated View Post
One (potentially cheaper) alternative to the Ontour 2.2 that's available now is the Canadream Plateau. It's made by Pleasureway exclusively for Canadream, and is essentially the Ontour with some tweaks for the rental fleet..
I saw one of those last month in Arizona (with California plates). The Plateau badge on a Transit confused me until I posted on this site and learned about the rental-market program. Looked nice, but I didn’t get to see inside. Wish now I’d waited for the owners. Couldn’t be many of them out there.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #22
Silver Member

According to a PleasureWay official in the PW owners and wannabees group on Facebook, PW hasn't actually produced any new Canadreams units for the last two years. So those units are likely to become more scarce as they get sold off.
PleasantonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fated View Post
I'm 6'3 and rented one a few weeks ago. The bed was comfortable, and I had good headroom. The one major difference I noticed was the propane two burner stove instead of the induction on the Ontour. I think this comes at the price of a cutlery drawer that would normally be below the stove. Other than that, it seemed fully equipped with an inverter, lithium, truma aquago, etc.

Welcome to the forum fated!

As this thread is about class b's with the most headroom, you are confirming what I have heard from others that the Transit chassis offers the highest interior for us tall guys.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Winnebago just came out with a new Class C showing an inside height of 6-foot 8-inches and boost many new features. Called the EKKO

https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...s/class-c/ekko
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:47 AM   #25

Default 7 Feet height Ceiling Class B RV

I'm late to the party. Regency RV has the National Traveler Class B RV's with 7 ft high ceiling.

https://www.regencyrv.com/national-traveler/features

Interior Ceiling Height
6’2″ (Trek) / 6’2″ – 7’4″ (Tour) / 7’4″ (Explore)

Although I'm 5'11", the extra height allows additional cabinets on the top of the RV. Check it out.

I'm looking at the new Panoramic RV. The National Traveler Explore is the closest that sleeps 4 in the Class B RV with European Bunk. It's amazing if it works. No actual reviews in the wild though.
Peakaboohaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:09 PM   #26

Default Best Class B for tall folks

This will be my first van. I like to camp and want to minimize the camper. I don't like the tall ones.

Would a pop up added to a Transit 150 low roof be a way to open it up for me?

Thanks for any help.
wvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:17 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Of course. You lose the stealth aspect (or you have to leave the top down and stoop). You give up some security. The fabric boot is uninsulated in cold weather. Plus side is the canvas allows more ventilation in warm weather, you can go through just about any drive-through, and it will fit in some garages and covered parking structures.

It will cost more than the equivalent mid- or high-roof version. I’m going to WAG $10-15K for the pop-top alone. And you’ll have to get in line to have the conversion done. Upfitters are pretty busy these days.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:11 AM   #28

Default Best class B for tall folks

Thanks Jon. I was thinking the Transit 150 low roof with pop top would approximate the size of a Westy or Vanagon?
Old 01-27-2021, 11:15 PM   #29

May I ask, medium or tall roof?
Old 06-05-2021, 09:43 PM   #30

Default tall van

first post ever. 6'4" man does fine in Mercedes Winnebago Era sprinter van.
The only obstacle is the heater which is in the rear of the coach. Otherwise good leg and head room in captain chairs and in queen bed. It's a 2008.
Win-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:41 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Might just check out a Coachmen Beyond. I'm 6'1" and seem to have a ton of extra space. I can even walk under the open upper cabinet doors.
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:39 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Any B built on a high roof Transit will tall enough for all but an NBA player, especially if they use a split AC so there's nothing in the ceiling. The issue for a person over 6' will be finding a layout with a long enough bed.
Punkinhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:48 AM   #33

Default Beyond!

My husband is 6’4” and has found our Beyond 22C very comfortable for driving and quite adequate for standing and sleeping. I highly recommend this unit for quality too!
jkestabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leg room, tall driver