Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 01:10 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default Best way for build thread

What is the best way to organize a thread, or threads about my RT restore? Does it go all in one thread, or do I make a thread for each fix?
KaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I'd do a post on each section/fix

the search function on the forums is pretty good and your posts will help others for some time to come

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:13 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Most of DIY community on the Sprinter forum organizes by a build thread in the Conversion Writeup section IY section. Personally, I found it easier to follow each conversion and come back as needed. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/i...-conversions.4

I posted my build the Conversion Talk section and often get questions even though I finished my conversion a while back.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainK View Post
What is the best way to organize a thread, or threads about my RT restore? Does it go all in one thread, or do I make a thread for each fix?
Threads yes, but don't forget about visual media. We love to see build projects on Instagram - they capture the imagination like nothing else. Restoration projects also, although the draw is often proportional to the volume of your own content that you generate. Some people paint the walls and apply a stick-on backsplash and try to declare it a renovation or a restoration, but that's not really supportable. Projects that dig into the guts of a van and showcase all that - those are big draws.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I just had one single thread where I documented my decisions, build progress and answered questions that was over 1,000 messages and 240,000 views in this forum. It was chronological and stayed all together. It sometimes got off-topic but that was what the members were interested in at the time.

Advancing Alvar

I have another RV build coming up. I've looked at creating a blog website, Instagram, or a Facebook page, this forum again; or maybe nothing. Website blogs are difficult to maintain or just one more thing to bother with and I have had a history of private websites going away not of my volition. Instagram to me is confusing, Facebook pages are easy to set up and convenient for you friends on Facebook, easiest to promote and easiest I think to post visuals. I don't know about this private forum's audience reach but it is Class B centric.

Creating individual threads for each build topic in this group I think would be chaotic and difficult to manage and follow.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote