Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 07:45 PM   #1

Default Clip at the transmission failure

I had previously posted this on the Sprinter-Forum. I am seeking a picture of a 2008 Sprinter factory clip at the transmission.

My Roadtrek RV based on the 2008 Sprinter had a failure that resulted in the vehicle being unable to start.

The cause was a failed clip at the transmission resulting in the transmission being disconnected from the gear shift selector. A replacement part was not available at a remote Mercedes service center. The service center cobbled together a workaround that allowed the vehicle to be driven home.

The local Mercedes service center is swamped and cannot setup an appointment until October. They cannot determine the replacement part required without a service appointment

How can I determine a part number and secure that part ahead of time? I would like to schedule a one trip service appointment.

I have supplied three pictures of the clip and workaround area. Hopefully these pictures can determine the required replacement and secure that part ahead of time

Also how can I judge the quality of the on the road repair? I do not know the clip looked liked before the failure. Could be better than before and I might want to leave it as is. I did drive 500 miles in 7 days on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210711_141959557.jpg (228.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210711_142401336.jpg (221.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210711_143619503.jpg (202.0 KB, 11 views)
daveamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Dave, I'm not seeing your photos. Make sure you hit the upload button and wait for them to finish uploading before submitting your reply. It can take a while for high resolution photos. The files should drop down into the attachments box when they're done uploading.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:46 PM   #3

I see them now.
Thanks
daveamaro is offline   Reply With Quote