Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2020, 10:51 PM   #1

Default Looking forward to getting to know you all

I'm not yet a Class B owner but have been looking all summer for one that I can stand up in. At 6'4" tall, all have been too short. I'll post separately in a bit to ask for recommendations on models that might fit me.

Thanks for providing this forum. I'm really pleased to have found a group that works to help one another.
eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:06 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight View Post
I'm not yet a Class B owner but have been looking all summer for one that I can stand up in. At 6'4" tall, all have been too short. I'll post separately in a bit to ask for recommendations on models that might fit me.

Thanks for providing this forum. I'm really pleased to have found a group that works to help one another.
Welcome!

I am 6'3", so I feel your pain (almost). I brush the ceiling in our Sprinter-based van with relatively efficient floor and ceiling construction. It would be hard to do much better, and usually it is worse. Most of the upfitters don't seem to put much effort into maximizing head height. Your only real hope for true comfort is to find a van built in a high-roof Ford Transit, which is several inches higher than the Sprinter. The Promaster is even worse than the Sprinter.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:14 PM   #3

Thank you!
eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
Bronze Member

When we got our Sprinter (2016), there were three height options: normal, high and higher. I see they have dropped the highest option from the lineup. You may be able to find one of the tallest models that was converted to an RV, but I suspect it won't be easy.
mechmike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #5

Have you considered a Sportsmobile Penthouse pop-top? 7 + feet of headroom. Works for us, and fits in our medium-high shop door when compacted. Ours is on a Promaster chassiz. No need to purchase a high-roof van if you're adding the penthouse.
MountBranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:16 PM   #6

I am 6’3” and I have no problem standing in a Coachmen Beyond. The shower is pretty close, but plenty of room in the Beyond. Check it out!
Good luck!
Russ T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:26 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight View Post

I have a 2017 Ford Transit 350 Diesel high roof. Even with insulation, the roof interior is 6'6" and the flares give it a 6'7" sleeping space. It is for sale. Give me a call if you want to talk
ableami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:11 PM   #8

Not sure how to do this, but having an electrical problem(I think), my sofa to go down i to the bed format has stopped moving. It won't liftup. Breakers have all been checked and set. A I noticed I can't start my generator which has been operating fine lately.
Any ideas on the sofa would be appreciated. I have a 2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS. And it works great, just finished a two-month tour of the West including the grand Canyon!!!!!
Sprinter lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:51 AM   #9
Bronze Member

I have a Ford Transit 350 diesel completely built out with insulation, espar, induction stove, 550ah of Li-ion batteries, 360 watts of solar 3KW oure suine inverter/charger, MPPT Intertherm refrigerator, swivel seats, flares, router, booster, swivel seats, etc, etc. If interested please contact me directly.
Curt 415.785.3757
ableami is offline   Reply With Quote