Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2021, 03:53 PM   #1

Question Roadtrek CS Adventurous Water system need pictures!

Hi, a mechanic adjusted the water system valves and now I have water dripping or pouring out the bottom, depending on which way I turn them. Too many miles to go back since I was on a trip. Could someone help me identify all these so I can label them? I'm in So. Cal, so don't winterize.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water system van.jpg (208.1 KB, 34 views)
KathRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:16 PM   #2

You could try pushing the blue button on the side of the inline valve with the blue knob on top. The button resets the freeze protection valve which empties the water heater in cold temps.
Richman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathRN View Post
Hi, a mechanic adjusted the water system valves and now I have water dripping or pouring out the bottom, depending on which way I turn them. Too many miles to go back since I was on a trip. Could someone help me identify all these so I can label them? I'm in So. Cal, so don't winterize.
Your pic is of the water heater bypass valves setup.
As pictured, the valves are set to send water through the heater.
These are not drain valves and would not be the cause of water overflowing.
Turning all 3 valves 90 degrees clockwise will set the water flow path to "bypass" the water heater tank. Water incoming from lower left then vertical thru the "bypass" valve and on to sink/shower/lav.
Thereby not passing thru the heater tank.

As shown, the water path is from incoming (lower left white PVC pipe) thru bottom valve into blue (PEX ) pipe on into heater tank then out (heated(presumably)) via red and on to sink/shower/lav.

IF the heater tank has an open drain valve on it, these valves, as currently pictured, will be sending water to the heater tank and then be drained thru that; which might be the drainage you are experiencing.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:19 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Looks like the blue pipe may be a drain line with the supply line from your water tank being the white pex lines side. I’d try just shutting the blue line valve (turn 90’) and that may solve your problem.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #5

Does your CS have a hydronic floor heating system? While the white piping and valves do look like a typical water heater bypass setup, I'm not sure how the potable water system interacts with the hydronic system (if at all). Hopefully someone with a CS can clarify. It might help if you can clarify where the leaks appear (front/back, left/right) and also what the mechanic was working on when he adjusted the valving.

Tags
cs adventurous water, roadtrek water system