Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #21
Platinum Member

This is directly from the Oracle of Google;

https://info.glass.com/windshield-crack-no-reason/

I guess we should all check out auto policy covers windshields ...

In the meantime, here is how hot u he front cab gets the last few days, WITH, a Fantastic Fan running at #1 Speed, and a rear side window popped open for a draught;

A cool 107 degrees at 1.33pm with daylight saving, I saw it exceed 116 the same day.

The Inverter under Bed is where I intend to install my batteries.

The Living Room is where I sleep & of course, the Novakool R3800 is a cool 36.3 with an average 24 hours reading of 34, typically 35%.

Ignore the 42 #, it was during different tests to get thr fan to stop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200817_133311_resized(2).jpg (167.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20200817_133321_resized(1).jpg (177.6 KB, 5 views)
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I have had the front windshield tinted with the ceramic particles on 3 of my MH's to reduce heat. The tinting you can see is just a shade darker than regular glass and only notice a rainbow effect with polarized sun glasses. Front glass area is large on all vehicles
and this reduces a lot of heat.

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:01 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I earlier made an incorrect statement regarding the ADCO covers regarding "pockets" over the tops of the doors.
MY cover is older -------- the design in use and available now has a strap running on a diagonal which is attached to the inside of the door so that the cover is secure when the door is closed
this strap is a better design ( and the weather seal is not deformed)

the pros cons listed by Gaucho are in line with my experience, we use it sometimes but not always

when mine dies ( I think it is 15 year old) I will buy a 2509 model with the side window openings and screens for air flow

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #24
Platinum Member

I just realised after reading Logan's reply that I too, have tinted my windshield but it diesnt seem to do much $300 later.

Have a DashcamI wanted to ameliorate the sun's effect.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #25
Platinum Member

After Action Report
As BigFatGuy reported, i got on the interweb and found:

Small Head 3/16 Exploding Rivets Mill Finish 50 Count WMS Racing Products.

The rivets were a little larger then the original rivets so I use a small rat tail file and made the whole a little bigger.

They worked great. I have included a picture of the rivets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_20200225_080233472.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 125.8 KB
ID: 8802
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #26
RMo
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank View Post
We have a 2010 Roadtrek popular 210. Our windshield curtains are pulling away . they are attached with rivets. Has anyone else had this problem? Not sure how to fix them. They are in perfect shape but the rivets are not holding. Poor design because the are often under stress no matter how careful we are. Thanks.
Not sure if the tracks in the Agile we had are similar - ours had a top and bottom groove on the track. I found that if I took a very small binder clip (the typically black things with silver handles you push on to open the clip) and removed the silver part and bent both sides of the clip back so it formed a U in the opposite direction the bent metal pieces that the silver piece came out of fit exactly into the grooves. I attached the newly made clip with an unbent paper clip, but you can probably find a better way.

Given all that, we never used the curtains but instead used reflective solar shields in the windshield and side front windows. Good luck
Old 08-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #27
Gold Member

Regarding outside covers, you gain some inside space taken up by vertical hanging curtains, a nice thing when you’re stopped longer than a quick overnight. For those with VW or MB sprinter based vehicles I strongly recommend Fanchers.com. Those covers are fabric instead of straight vinyl so are more rip proof. I had a fanchers cover on my Rialta (VW Eurovan) but now have a Chevy Express LTV unit so am stuck with Adco. The vinyl door straps have started to rip and the white color looks bush on our dark gray unit. I wish Fanchers made covers for Chevs (Fanchers come in grey too)
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #28
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertiboo View Post
Regarding outside covers, you gain some inside space taken up by vertical hanging curtains, a nice thing when you’re stopped longer than a quick overnight. For those with VW or MB sprinter based vehicles I strongly recommend Fanchers.com. Those covers are fabric instead of straight vinyl so are more rip proof. I had a fanchers cover on my Rialta (VW Eurovan) but now have a Chevy Express LTV unit so am stuck with Adco. The vinyl door straps have started to rip and the white color looks bush on our dark gray unit. I wish Fanchers made covers for Chevs (Fanchers come in grey too)
Thanks for the suggestion.

Since the Fanchers cover is fabric, I imagine it would absorb water? If so, I would be concerned about an unscheduled rain and when needing to clean/dry it. Was this an issue for you?
Old 08-24-2020, 12:58 AM   #29
Gold Member

The “fabric” is mildew resistant, basically woven vinyl finers I assume. It actually dries faster than the vinyl sheeting used by Adco. For both my previous Fanchers cover and the current Adco one, I went for the translucent screen option on the windshield. When you roll it down, you can see out, but others can’t see in (during daytime). Another advantage of these covers is that the side windows have bug screens, so you can keep your windows down for fresh air without the bugs.
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:32 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
3 panels open to let light through- those on the 2 doors are screened to allow air/fewer bugs

https://www.amazon.com/ADCO-2509-Cle.../dp/B003ZOL4SK

I worry about our privacy being compromised...otherwise, this would be awesome.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote