Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2021, 07:05 PM   #1

Default 110/120 male plug under hood

I have a 110/120 male plug strapped to the isolator under my hood (2007 Chevy 190p). I’m hoping it is for a block heater but I can’t follow the wiring to confirm it. Does anyone with a similar model know what it’s function is? Thnx in advance MBH
MsBhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I'd slide under the motor and look for a block heater installed into one of the freeze plugs in the engine block

block heaters are usually not a factory option and might be installed by a cold weather dealer as an option or by the owner at a shop

they would do the install in an easy location to get to and see

so if one is there you should be able to see it

( my Californian wife on first visit to Ottawa: "are all those cars electric?" )

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Block heater. Canadian built vehicles often have them. My PW had one installed from the factory. Never needed it where I have lived, but would be nice if you need to start your camper in sub -20 degree F weather.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I'd slide under the motor and look for a block heater installed into one of the freeze plugs in the engine block

block heaters are usually not a factory option and might be installed by a cold weather dealer as an option or by the owner at a shop

they would do the install in an easy location to get to and see

so if one is there you should be able to see it

( my Californian wife on first visit to Ottawa: "are all those cars electric?" )

Mike
Thanks Mike for the suggestion. I had also thought perhaps the 110 plug was possibly integrated with the isolator, given it’s location, for winter storage to keep both chassis and coach batteries charged. I have a pic of it I’d like to share but haven’t figured out how to add it to my post.
MsBhaven is offline   Reply With Quote