Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Default 1992 PleasureWay VRL - aux battery

Just bought the PW and it is needing a little TLC!! Have the owners manual and it says it has an aux battery but can't seem to find it. Checked in all outside compartments and inside the camper itself. Only see the main battery under the hood. I can run lights in the camper portion so I am getting power from somewhere. Can anyone tell me where the battery may be located?
TuckersHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

shoot a quick call or email to PW in saskatoon, they can probably send you a .pdf manual.

my 2006 PW on a chev has the coach battery under the right side in front on the rear wheel

open a hatch and it slides out on rails

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Lift up the passengers side bed from the rear door(s). In the very back corner you will see a rectangular cover with a piece of carpet that blends in pretty well with the rest. Lift up the cover and there is your battery.

As a note, in between the two beds at the very back is another cover. This is your toolbox.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
Lift up the passengers side bed from the rear door(s). In the very back corner you will see a rectangular cover with a piece of carpet that blends in pretty well with the rest. Lift up the cover and there is your battery.

As a note, in between the two beds at the very back is another cover. This is your toolbox.
"This is your toolbox."

So a Pleaseaway comes with tools?

Thanks.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:00 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Sarcastic, trolling or trying to increase your post count. Not sure which.

K fine. Yes there is, the original bottle jack was sometimes placed in there.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #6

yes I did contact PW and they sent me a pdf of the owners manual. It states there is an aux battery in the manual but does not say where.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #7

I thought I had checked everywhere, but I will check there specifically. The van in is for a detailing now so I have to wait until Monday to check. I will let you know.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:21 AM   #8
Gold Member

While you have the bed out (per Bruceper), look for a small wooden box screwed in near the water heater. If there is one, pull the screws and box and you may ('cuz I don't have a '92) see 3 cable junctions connected to 3 little black blocks. The blocks are actually circuit breakers with a push in reset on the side of each one. I mention this only because you may someday have no 12 volt power and wonder what could possibly have failed. Then would be the time to remember those 3 little black breakers.
LesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:30 AM   #9

Our 94 the aux battery was under the floor on the
Drivers side just inside rear door
Old 05-29-2017, 05:14 AM   #10

would this be in addition to the main circuit breaker panel -which is under the bed on drivers side. You access it by opening the back door
Old 05-29-2017, 05:19 AM   #11

I dont have the 2 bed configuration. I have the L shaped configeration that makes into a double bed. Would the aux battery still be in the area you have mentioned. If I can't find it I will post pics to see if anyone ha the same layout
Old 05-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #12
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckersHome View Post
would this be in addition to the main circuit breaker panel -which is under the bed on drivers side. You access it by opening the back door
In my '95, yes. it seems to be "upstream" of the 12 volt circuits in that panel.
LesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #13
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckersHome View Post
I dont have the 2 bed configuration. I have the L shaped configeration that makes into a double bed.

I had a 95 VRL L-couch and it was under the floor inside the bed base on drivers side. The shore power cable coils on top of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rectalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:53 PM   #14

ok I will do a thorough search of the back area today
Old 05-31-2017, 03:08 PM   #15

got the PW back from the detailer. Pulled ALL of the cushions literally out of the van. THere is no accessible opening in the back area at all. I did see a rectangular opening on the d/s area on wall that bordered the bathroom. It was not really an 'access panel' as it was screwed down, but I went into it from bathroom side - took out the shelving to get to the area but the access was only the sink drain from bathroom. I checked everywhere and even took the Neg lead off the veh battery and still had lights in the back so I know there is a battery in there somewhere. The only place I havn't looked is in behind the elect panel under the bed area. There is no obvious access point but I will pull out the screws anyway and check. I AM BAFFLED !!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectalogic View Post
I had a 95 VRL L-couch and it was under the floor inside the bed base on drivers side. The shore power cable coils on top of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!!! That is exactly where it is. It was totally obscured by the reams of wire and the access panel takes up almost the whole floor. A big thank you to everyone for their help. Not even the RV folks here could find it
Old 05-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #17

Thumbs up

Thank you to everyone. Found it under the floor where the electrical outlet is stored