Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #1

Default 1995Pleasure Way Van

I have AC power to the TV nook and appliances but not to the plug by the sink. I have replace it but still no luck. I cannot locate any breakers or fuses and do not have a schematic, I also can't find one on line. Any thoughts?
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

check the power outlet in the head, does it have a GFCI which needs to be reset-
( I think my outside outlet was also on that same circuit)

that was an issue in my 2006 PW

on many PW's the breakers are on the pass side under the sofa bed OR if you have a front facing rear sofa model, under that towards pass side

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
I have AC power to the TV nook and appliances but not to the plug by the sink. I have replace it but still no luck. I cannot locate any breakers or fuses and do not have a schematic, I also can't find one on line. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum Mann!

Don't know any specifics about your van, but could that outlet be on separate inverter circuit that converts DC to AC from your batteries?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:27 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Mann: Welcome. Mine = 1997PW so somewhat similar to yours. My configuration is to have 2 individual beds in the rear that can be configured to a "queen" size by platform boards bridging them. The main power distribution is accessible under the drivers side bed. There is a panel that opens revealing the circuit breakers for AC and the fuses for the 12v DC circuits. My breakers and fuses were marked designated to specific areas by the previous owner; not by the factory. If none of the AC breakers are thrown, I'd recommend turning each one off and back on. The outlet you're talking about is AC and not affected by the DC fuses. If this doesn't cure the problem it still could be a faulty AC circuit breaker. They do fail.

Directly opposite under the passenger side bed is a small door that should reveal the DC circuit breakers. Again, these are for the DC circuitry. There should be 3. One is between your engine alternator and the house battery, one is between the battery and the fridge and one between the battery and the DC distribution panel/charger. Again: this is part of the DC circuitry and I don't believe should affect AC operation.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #5

Thanks so much for the info.. I am planning on working on it today and will let you know how it goes.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:25 PM   #6

1994 pleasurway kitchen outlet is on the same circuit that is in the bathroom which is gfci protected. Just reset it and it should be fine.
dnnytlsn@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:17 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Interesting. My 97 PW has no AC outlet in the bath. Just 12v light.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
Platinum Member

as above my 2006 Lexor has the GFCI in the head- the galley AND outside outlet are on the same GFCI

it was tripped and just needed to be reset

a head scratcher the first time, but now I know!

manufacturers could better share info with owners

it's like they want us to go to a dealer for every small complaint

a poor approach as the current customer is the best salesperson

there are 5 PW's within a block on me

the newest, influenced by the rest of us, has had multiple multiple issues which in each case PW/dealer took months to resolve

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:09 PM   #9

I had same issue in my 1996 PW. I did replace the outlet near sink with similar GFI but still didn't work but since it was at end of trip i lived with it. Fast forward 6 months and i am installing a series of GFI outlets on my deck. After watching a how-to video on YouTube i realized that i had wired van outlet wrong. Next roadtrip i wired correctly and it worked fine.
Not saying you did but admitting I did wire incorrectly and it might be worth a check. I am not an electrician and would never pass along electrical advice but just saying I did it wrong while trying to follow directions.
God luck.
akroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:35 PM   #10

I have 97 Pleasureway. Had same problem and the outside plugin was dead. Replaced Ground Fault unit, now all is well.
Don Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #11
Bronze Member

I had a similar issue with my LTV Freedom. The outlet by the sink was dead as was the outside outlet. My problem ended up being a AC heating element for the refrigerator had burned through the metal to ground and that caused the GFI to pop. Needed a new refrigerator anyway. I hated those controls on the bottom.
vwmaniaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical problem