Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #1

Default 2003 Roadtrek Shore Power - Transfer Switch Problem

My first post to this site. I am the new owner of a 2003 Chev Roadtrek Popular 19. Shore power worked fine until I just had the Denver Onan Service center replace the carbs on my generator. Now I have no shore power and suspect that there was something done to trip a breaker or damage the TrippLite transfer switch. The generator and battery power work fine but no shore power will run any of the Roadtrek electrical ie A/C, lights, microwave etc...
I appreciate any input or advise you can give me to check for circuit breakers, fuses etc...
I am scheduled to take it back to Onan / Cummins but it is a 2 hour drive each way and if it is simple reset fix I would like to try that first. Thanks.
kent1johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:59 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I have a 2003 Chevy 190 and it does not have a Triplite transfer switch. It appears to be a WFCO and it is mounted on top of the power panel. You can see it when you open the lid above it.

The Onan people had to remove the generator AC wires from that transfer switch to drop the generator. Remove the two screws and top plate to look at the wiring. You should have shore power coming into that box (3 wires), generator power (3 wires) and coach power leaving (3 wires).
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Platinum Member

So Kent, did the advice given work? If so, please share so other may know what to do if they have the same issue.Thanks
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no shore power, onan, tripplite