Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #1

Default 2004 Roadtrek Versatile 190 Aux battery specs

I need to replace my dead auxillary batteries and the original batteries have not useful information printed on them anywhere. Not even a model number. It just has "American Battery Co, Marine battery" printed on one side.

The owner's manual says its a 12v deep cycle, group 27. So now I know the size I need to get. But I have no idea of the recommended Ah or the terminal post type used. Visually the terminal type looks like it could be a T6, T8, T11 or maybe even a T12 post.

SO...
Does anyone know what type of terminal post is used on batteries in this model of Roadtrek?

Does anyone know what Ah rating I should be looking for?

Thanks!
stapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

We have the exact same model and when we purchased it 5 years ago, we replaced the existing batteries with 2 AGM ( 2 x 100 ah) batteries which we installed inside the rig underneath the rear seating on the driver side.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Platinum Member

5/16" threaded posts. I don't know the official name. AH will be anywhere from 80-115 for a group 27 battery. Deep cycle batteries are hard to find in that size so a Marine battery is usually used. I prefer flooded lead acid but most like AGM.
Harry
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:47 AM   #4
Bud
Platinum Member

Careful, yes there is a so called size for group 27, but there are group 27''s that will not fit your B. Measure Carefully.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #5

https://products.interstatebatteries...Details/428337

I have a 2004 190 Versatile. I replaced both coach batteries with the above battery from Interstate Batteries. $125 each plus excise fees and tax. Works fine.
Grif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #6
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisefx View Post
We have the exact same model and when we purchased it 5 years ago, we replaced the existing batteries with 2 AGM ( 2 x 100 ah) batteries which we installed inside the rig underneath the rear seating on the driver side.
With the agm's did you also replace the charger?

Bud
Old 03-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
With the agm's did you also replace the charger?

Bud
No we did not replace the charger. Originally we were just using the solar panel to charge up the batteries but when we spoke to Chris Deakins from RT while at a RT gathering, we asked him whether our setup would overcharge the batteries from the alternator. He said no so we connected it back up. 5 years later and the batteries stay at 100% state of charge all winter in Ontario Canada. We do drive it occasionally in the winter.

If you are interested, we did post our install in the forum and here is a link to the writeup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhthovd1xu...ravel.pdf?dl=0
http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f8...html#post28154
Old 03-24-2019, 10:33 PM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisefx View Post
No we did not replace the charger. Originally we were just using the solar panel to charge up the batteries but when we spoke to Chris Deakins from RT while at a RT gathering, we asked him whether our setup would overcharge the batteries from the alternator. He said no so we connected it back up. 5 years later and the batteries stay at 100% state of charge all winter in Ontario Canada. We do drive it occasionally in the winter.

If you are interested, we did post our install in the forum and here is a link to the writeup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhthovd1xu...ravel.pdf?dl=0
http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f8...html#post28154
Thanks, fun read. You did change the 'charger', just not the alternator. Thanks again.

Bud

Tags
ah rating, battery specs, roadtrek, terminal post type