Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-17-2020, 01:46 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11
Default 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular auxiliary battery change?

I just purchased a 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular that has the ORIGINAL auxiliary batteries in it (2 - 6v's). I plan on purchasing new ones tomorrow and after looking at the manual it says to "make sure the inverter is disconnected prior to removing the old batteries". I'm new at this and have no idea what that means so can someone give me a little help please? I know where the inverter is but no where does it say how to disconnect it. Thanks in advance.
__________________

topwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwop View Post
I just purchased a 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular that has the ORIGINAL auxiliary batteries in it (2 - 6v's). I plan on purchasing new ones tomorrow and after looking at the manual it says to "make sure the inverter is disconnected prior to removing the old batteries". I'm new at this and have no idea what that means so can someone give me a little help please? I know where the inverter is but no where does it say how to disconnect it. Thanks in advance.
I think they are referring to the battery disconnect switch. But maybe someone else will know if it means something more.
__________________

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 164
Default

You don't need to disconnect the inverter, just insure the battery disconnect switch is off. The switch is in the control panel as are the water pump and generator controls.
One thing you should check is the 1" round vents in the battery compartment. Mine were rusted so bad they were not allowing any air to circulate. I replaced them with plastic louver vents and added several more in the process.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 296
Default

Our 2007 RT 210P is virtually identical to your 2006. I agree with Deano and rowiebowie. Just make sure the battery disconnect switch is in the off position and get ready to lift those heavy batteries virtually straight up to get them out. Once out, it is a good time to check the vents Deano described and also you might want to lubricate the battery compartment slides.

Funny how they are making those batteries heavier every year. Or, do you suppose, it is just the fact that I have aged a bit in the fourteen years since we bought our 2007?
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:42 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
Funny how they are making those batteries heavier every year. Or, do you suppose, it is just the fact that I have aged a bit in the fourteen years since we bought our 2007?
I'm going with heavier!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Ma
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwop View Post
I just purchased a 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular that has the ORIGINAL auxiliary batteries in it (2 - 6v's). I plan on purchasing new ones tomorrow and after looking at the manual it says to "make sure the inverter is disconnected prior to removing the old batteries". I'm new at this and have no idea what that means so can someone give me a little help please? I know where the inverter is but no where does it say how to disconnect it. Thanks in advance.
Did you git ‘er done?
The inverter switch is all you have to turn off. It is on the left side of the control panel around the corner, and also the battery switch.
Just bought my roadtrek 210 pop yesterday. Checked my aux batteries and dry as a bone. Going to try adding distilled water and see if they recover. Prob not.
Let me know if you find any deals on replacements. Kind of fun digging around all of the systems. A lot to learn
WellsMobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:21 AM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11
Default

Yes sir! I purchased 2 from Batteries+ Bulbs (I believe it was)who happened to have the best price and warranty.
Good Luck
topwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:25 AM   #8
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellsMobil View Post
Did you git er done?
The inverter switch is all you have to turn off. It is on the left side of the control panel around the corner, and also the battery switch.
Just bought my roadtrek 210 pop yesterday. Checked my aux batteries and dry as a bone. Going to try adding distilled water and see if they recover. Prob not.
Let me know if you find any deals on replacements. Kind of fun digging around all of the systems. A lot to learn

Welcome to the forum WellsMobil!


A lot to learn. So true.

My first six months motto was: "I learn something new everyday."

My second six months motto was: "I learn some thing new every week."

After 3 years of rv ownership, I still learm something new about my rig every month. I don't think that rate will ever drop to zero.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:35 AM   #9
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 9,115
Default

They are probably trying to make sure there are no sparks at battery when disconnecting the batteries. That would mean:


No shore power cord connected


"battery" switch off


"inverter" switch off


Unless there were big load on in the coach the last two would be less important, but not plugged in to shore power always would be.


Best to do all three.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #10
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Ma
Posts: 2
Default Rear dining table beyond wobbly

Still just roaming around my newly acquired 210P, tried to set up rear table and it appears i am missing some part. The pedestal slips into the floor nice and snuggly but the top just sits in an oversize hole in the plastic piece bolted to the underside of the top. I think i am missing something that interfaces the pedestal and the top. ???????
__________________

WellsMobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×