Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2020, 06:54 AM   #1

Default 2016 Roadtrek RS

We have a 2016 Roadtrek RS with Ecotrek and recently replaced the two 6 volt house batteries. Now, there is no electrical power inside the cabin, no refrigerator, no microwave, no lights. Even the Ecotrek panel doesn't show the blue light anymore. Since the Sprinter has a separate battery for the engine, I have no trouble starting the engine. I was looking for a fuse but can't find it. Does anyone have similar experience with their Roadtrek? Thanks.
elmonewport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmonewport View Post
We have a 2016 Roadtrek RS with Ecotrek and recently replaced the two 6 volt house batteries. Now, there is no electrical power inside the cabin, no refrigerator, no microwave, no lights. Even the Ecotrek panel doesn't show the blue light anymore. Since the Sprinter has a separate battery for the engine, I have no trouble starting the engine. I was looking for a fuse but can't find it. Does anyone have similar experience with their Roadtrek? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum elmonewport!

There are a variety of Etrek owners here (I'm not one). Pretty sure one will be along to help you. I did not know any Etrek models had just two batteries. And I thought the blue Etrek panels were for lithium models. I will watch and learn.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:50 PM   #3

I'm going through the exact same issue with my 2016 RS Adventurous. Shop told me that one of the 6 volt under hood batteries was dead, so we are about to put 2 new ones in. I'll keep you posted on how things go with me...please do the same.
southernstar@usa.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:29 PM   #4

Thank you for your email. It appears that you are dealing with the same issue, as you mentioned. I had one of the two 6 volt battery (golf cart battery) not charging properly and with Covid 19, we were not driving much. So, we ended up replacing both 6volt battery. Once we did that, we realized that the lithium battery is not working. As you know, lithium battery is charged 3 ways, using the solar, under the hood generator and shore power. If the coach battery (two 6 volt batteries) doesn't work properly, I think it impacts the lithium battery as well. Solar panel and under the hood generator switch are powered by the coach battery. We are trying to figure out if the under the hood generator is working properly or the lithium battery is damaged. Once we trickle the lithium battery, all the power inside the cabin comes back but will shut down within a few minutes since lithium battery is drained or damaged. We are trying to figure out the lithium battery. According Roadtrek, we need to reset the lithium battery. Will let you know. Meanwhile, we are trying to install a solar battery charger for the two 6 volt battery.
elmonewport is offline   Reply With Quote