Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 02:29 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default BCI Group Number for my2012 RT 190/Ranger

How/where do I determine the correct BCI Group Number prior to purchasing my first set of replacement AGM 6 volt batteries for my 2012 RT 190/Ranger?
Sensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:57 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Should be on the old batteries themselves. If you don't have the batteries, you can measure the length, width, and height available in your battery tray and find a size that fits here: https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tool...oup-sizes.html
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:17 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie; ... If you don't have the batteries, you can measure the length, width, and height available in your battery tray and find a size that fits here: [url
https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/bci-battery-group-sizes.html[/url]
Thanks much.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
Platinum Member

If your Ranger originally came with 2 6V, AGM batteries, like my 12C190P did, then they are Group GC-2 (i.e. "Golf Cart) batteries.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
If your Ranger originally came with 2 6V, AGM batteries, like my 12C190P did, then they are Group GC-2 (i.e. "Golf Cart) batteries.
Thanks.
The Ranger was designed/built as a scaled down version of the 190P and, as with yours, came with 2 6v AGMs. Battery Group GC-2 is also what the battery shop has indicated.

Have you replaced your 6v batteries, and if yes, could you tell me which brand chose?
Old 08-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #6
Platinum Member

My 12C190P has Interstate brand batteries. I believe the previous owner or the dealer installed them. I've had zero issues with them over the 3 years, 20K miles that I've owned the RT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200819_124703.jpg (101.2 KB, 4 views)
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Thanks again.
The 190P is a solid vehicle, and if I was a lot younger, the phrase would probably be "Its a sweet ride". lol
Old 08-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I was seriously searching for a Roadtrek Ranger since it had the compressor fridge I was looking for. But being rare, I just never found one with the options I wanted that I thought was priced right. Many were basic without the generator option and most built on the 2500 chassis with the smaller V-8.

But fully optioned and on the 3500 chassis, the Ranger has everthing my Airstream Avenue Suite or the 190P has.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
... But fully optioned and on the 3500 chassis, the Ranger has everthing my Airstream Avenue Suite or the 190P has.
We are fortunate enough to have a fully optioned /3500 Ranger. One possible unadvertised benefit is a very aerodynamic roof. The middle roof section is one inch higher down the middle than older model RTs. There are two associated near vertical "leading edges" that begin behind the three windows and end before the removable AC roof cover. I believe that they collectively act as a kind of roll damper, since roll stability is directly proportional to highway speed.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfan View Post
We are fortunate enough to have a fully optioned /3500 Ranger. One possible unadvertised benefit is a very aerodynamic roof. The middle roof section is one inch higher down the middle than older model RTs. There are two associated near vertical "leading edges" that begin behind the three windows and end before the removable AC roof cover. I believe that they collectively act as a kind of roll damper, since roll stability is directly proportional to highway speed.
You found a unicorn!