Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Boliy Pro3600SI

I copied the following from an eBay auction for a Boliy Pro3600SI:

You are looking at the new Boliy Digital Inverter generator that output 3,300 maximum and 3,000W continuous. It is brand new in box and in stock ready to ship.

World most advanced inverter generator with true digital signal processing with pure sinewave output

Quiet, Light Weight, Variable Engine speeds and up to 8 times quieter than conventional generators.
Will power up to 15000 BTU RV rooftop AC unit.
Included 30 A RV Receptacle (TT-30R) for easy RV connection.
Maximum output 3300W, Rated Output - 3000W at 120V (60Hz) with 12V, 8 Amp DC charging (cord included).
Perfect and stable sinewave output at 120V good for all electronics devices.
Save 40% gas over conventional generator, you can pay for this generator with the gas saving for about 1,500 hours of operation.
Noise Level from 53 to 58 dB at 23 feet, 4.5 to 16 hours run time, only 68 lbs

Boliy Pro3600SI is a true Digital Signal Processing (DSP) inverter generators. Similar Honda, Yamaha, and Kipor use the transistor induced technology which is just simulated signal processing. With the advance German made microprocessor, the DSP resulted in a power conversion rate of 20% higher with compatible inverter generators from Honda, Yamaha, and Kipor. The voltage is adjusted to maintain at stable 120V by the computer inverter module. The light weight design makes them ideal for transportation.

Digital Inverter Generators

One of the challenges of power generators today is to combine compact size and low noise with environmentally friendly emissions. The answer to these needs through the development of digital inverter generators. These smart, reliable, and quiet units produce smooth and consistent electrical output. Their sinewave inverters are suitable for sensitive digital electronics that most conventional generators won't work well.

Boliy Digital Generator is Semi-portable and Light Weight

Boliy digital inverter generators are approximately 50% lighter than traditional generators because the alternator is directly connected to the engine, and the flywheel is therefore eliminated. The voltage is constantly adjusted to maintain at 120V by the computer inverter module. The light weight design makes them ideal for transportation.

Boliy Generator is Quiet

Boliy digital inverter generators have a new two-tiered noise dampening system, so the noise emitted by these generators is 6-9 dB less than traditional generators. This translates to 4 to 8 times quieter than conventional generators. A 3 dB drop in noise level represents the half amount on the actual noise. This meets the new noise ordinances that some state and national parks have adopted.

Boliy Generator is EPA Approved

Boliy high-performance combustion system reduces emission levels to the lowest limit. Each Boliy comes with an EPA label. The engine is from the same factory that made the Yamaha engine with special Nikasil (nickle alloy) coating for durability and efficiency.

Boliy Generator is Quality Power

The power wave of this generator set is a perfect sinewave. This produces a "clean" power output that can run precise equipment or instruments sensitive to any disruptive voltage fluctuations, such as desktop computers, life-supports, etc. Use of non-sine wave power generators (most conventional generators), may over time, damage those equipment.

Smart Throttle:

This generator is equipped with the unique smart-throttle. It can automatically regulate the engine speed according to the load, so the fuel consumption of digital generator sets is lower by 40%, than traditional sets, the running time is therefore much longer as well. The noise level is further reduced at lower running speed.

Specifications:

Rated Frequency (Hz): 60

Rated Voltage (V): 120

Rated Current (A): 25

Rated Rotation Speed (rpm): 800 - 4,000 depends on load

Rated Output Power (W): 3000

Max. Output Power (W): 3300

DC Output (cable included): 12V-8A

Electric Circuit Breaker: Automatic computer controlled breaker

Phase Numbers: Single phase

Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.9 gallon

Rated Continuous Running Time (hr):
4.5 at full load, 8.3 at half load

Noise Level [dB(A)/7m] (Zero Load): 53

Noise Level [dB(A)/7m] (Full Load): 58

Dry Weight: 68 lbs

Dimensions (inches): 23 X 16.5 X 18.5

EPA Certified Engine: 171cc OHC, 4-stroke, Nikasil coated engine (same as Yamaha EF3000IS)

Muffler (OK to use in National Parks): USDA Spark Arrest Muffler

Warranty: We offer 2 years warranty for parts. Our service center is in the United States. We have most major spare parts in stock. Our service technician is ready to help you.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Photos of the Boliy Pro3600Si

I like that it has a 30 amp RV plug

Old 03-15-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Boliy Generator Links & Info

http://www.boliygenerator.com/index.html

Contact Information
Address:
Boliy Generator North America
San Diego, CA

Email: info @ boliygenerator.com

Phone: 877-423-4389
Fax: 858-689-8866
Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Old 03-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #5
Bronze Member

At first I was skeptical because the claims seemed excessive; then as I read further about it I was intrigued. Thishttp://www.boliygenerator.com/Advantages.html website talks about its 'smart throttle' that regulates engine speed from 800 to 4000 rpm depending on load needs. It is not dependent on 3600 continuous rpm to keep output at 60 hz. because it is all done digitally with transistors. If it works as advertised I can imagine the savings in fuel, noise, vibration, and wear!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:12 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I went ahead and bought one of these from eBay.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Wonderful-Gift-Ideas

I hope it arrives next week. Most quiet 3000 watt generators are heavy in comparison. I think it's partly because they have both recoil and electric start (starter & battery) the Boliy Pro3600IS only has recoil start.

Boliy Pro3600IS 3000 watts 75 lbs. 53-58dB

Kipor KGE3500Ti 2800 watts 132 lbs. 62-65dB
Honda EU3000isA 2800 watts 134 lbs. 49-58dB
Yamaha EF3000ise 2800 watts 147.4 lbs. 51-57dB
Robin RG3200iS 2800 watts 130 lbs. 58 dbA @ 7m

According to my air conditioner manual I'll only be using 12 amps after the air conditioner has started. The generator is rated at 25 amps so it'll be running at half of it's capacity - should be quiet.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Marko,
Be sure(Iknow you will ) give us your review after you get a chance to try it out.
Don
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Default Boliy Pro3600Si Specifications

Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Just a bit more info on Boliy Generators:

The Pro3600IS (or SI?) is the quiet model. S = Silence

Here's a photo of the Pro3600I model. I don't know the noise rating.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:03 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Here's are photo's of the Yamaha EF2800i motor:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here's on of the Boliy Pro3600I (motor s/b the same in the Boliy Pro3600SI)

They look the same to me. The Yamaha EF2800i and the EF3000ise both use a 5.5 hp 171cc motor. So does the Boliy Pro3600SI.