Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #1

Default Boliy Pro3600sie, electric start--review

Hi all,
Just received a new Boliy 3600pro electric start model. Thought I would give my first impressions on this unit.
I currently have a Yamaha EF3000sieb gen that I dearly love. It is a very heavy unit and very hard to transport. Takes all my strength and several tries, to roll it up the ramp in our 21ft Toy Hauler. Tried leaving in the back of the pickup but had to keep a separate ramp to load it and hated to have it exposed to the elements and thieves 24/7.We are now switching to a regular travel trailer and a 2 place Atv rack in the pickup. The Yamaha is too tall to fit under the rack and would be impossible to get in & out of the new trailer. Too heavy to put on the rear trailer bumper. We are in our 60's and the wife is unable to pull a generator start rope, so "electric start" is and absolute must. Been watching the Boliy for awhile and when the "electric start" showed up decided to try it.

Pros

*Arrived fast
*Installed gas & oil -started right up.
*Not as quiet as the Yamaha but not too much louder. Should be fine for campgrounds.
*Easy enough for me to lift into the back of the pickup or thru the door of the trailer.
*Fits under the Atv rack in the pickup and with the tailgate closed is very quiet.
*Wife punches the start button and she is good to go. Good thing !!When I am exploring on my ATV I never show up when my wife wants me to.
*Light enough to mount on the rear bumper of the trailer if I decide to do that.

Cons

*Slight misfire at low speed with no load-evens out with load.
*Spark plug indicates rich condition. This may change after "break in".
*High rpm @ 4250 with "econo switch" off. Service manual at "BoliyGuy.com" indicates 3800-3900 rpm is normal.
Can't see any adjustment for that but will try to find out.

Wish it was as quiet as the Yamaha, but being able to lift and move this unit by myself offsets that fact.
mhanawalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #2

Default Re: Boliy Pro3600sie, electric start--review

UPDATE: 03/31/2010

So far I have about 12 hrs on the Pro3600sie electric start.
* Idle in "econo" mode has smoothed out .
* Needs choke when cold but starts right up every time.
* Runs the trailer on board battery charger and 13,500 A/C and microwave at the same time - no problem
- would recommend you turn off econo switch when using A/C. Will start the A/C with the switch on but has a harder time doing it.
* Still have it in the back of my pickup and with the tailgate closed I can barely hear it.

Generator operates as advertised. Everything functions properly. So far no problems. Love the light weight !!
Would buy again in a heartbeat. Don't miss my heavy Yamaha EF3000 generator at all.

Mark
mhanawalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote