Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 11:33 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Charge Controller Fan

My charge controller fan just came on - I've never heard it before. I have had this 2004 Roadtrek 190 Popular for a little over a year and I am pretty sure neither my wife nor myself have ever heard it run. We are plugged in to 30AMP shore power at a state park in VA. The temperature outside is in the low 70's. My wife was sitting reading a book when she heard the noise and asked me when I came back from a walk what the noise was. It lasted for about a minute or two. So, is this normal? Anything I need to be concerned about?
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
Gold Member

Generally speaking, many charge controllers have fans. Those that do not use a heat sync of some type. Our charge controller fans (off grid application, not in our Class B) often come on and cycle off. If it has a fan and comes on and cycles off I sure wouldn’t worry about it, however, hopefully someone with your charge controller can give you more specific feedback.

Tags
charge controller