Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 03:23 AM   #21
Platinum Member

OK, so I am somewhat embarrassed. After we landed at our destination, I checked my wiring and found that I did have the coach hall sensor backwards (I did have a dot on the display indicating negative current). Worse, I had the the chassis and coach displays mixed up. After straightening everything out, on the return trip, I see something a little more reasonable. With a partially depleted coach battery, I get upwards of 80 amps going to the lithiums which settles down to single digits after the battery gets full with the fridge running. The chassis battery started at 40 amps, but quickly settled to 20 amps for the duration of the trip with lights on and AC running. Not sure what that is so high, but I was happy to see that the steady output of the alternator is 30 amps or less. Despite my initial carelessness, I have found this thread very informative and will follow up on a number of the suggestions. I appreciate the information I get from this forum.