Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2020, 06:18 AM   #1

Default Coach battery switch Roadtrek 170 1997

The battery disconnect switch stuck in "on" position.I recently put a new Lifeline coach battery and replaced the switch.The problem remains.
I am not a technical person.My friend who replaced the switch suggested it is some relay or fuse.But there is nothing related to coach battery in fuse box or relay box under the hood.
I found Winton's wiring on this forum but it is for 1996 and 98 RT 170.Somehow 1997 is different.
Please help.
LorenzoDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
Platinum Member

If you have the Intellitec battery disconnect switch it has two fuses on it. You would need to check those fuses and the connectors to them.

You could manually flip the switch by putting 12 volts to the proper pin with a jumper wire to see if the switch is at fault or the circuitry. If you can flip it with a jumper. It shouldn’t take too much to find the circuitry problem.

A schematic is available on the Intellitec battery switch page with troubleshooting instructions.
www.intellitec.com
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDean View Post
The battery disconnect switch stuck in "on" position.I recently put a new Lifeline coach battery and replaced the switch.The problem remains.
I am not a technical person.My friend who replaced the switch suggested it is some relay or fuse.But there is nothing related to coach battery in fuse box or relay box under the hood.shareit appvn
I found Winton's wiring on this forum but it is for 1996 and 98 RT 170.Somehow 1997 is different.
Please help.

If you have the Intellitec battery disconnect switch it has two fuses on it. You would need to check those fuses and the connectors to them.

You could manually flip the switch by putting 12 volts to the proper pin with a jumper wire to see if the switch is at fault or the circuitry. If you can flip it with a jumper. It shouldn’t take too much to find the circuitry problem.
LorenzoDean is offline   Reply With Quote