Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #1

Default Converter Question

I have a 2001 PW it has a 30amp converter. Is this stock converter ok to use with lithium batteries or do I need to change it out? I want to add solar about 200 to 300 watts and the lithium batteries along with the mttp controller etc. Any thoughts will be appreciated. I will search previous posts also. Thanks
DeltaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblang7@gmail.com View Post
I have a 2001 PW it has a 30amp converter. Is this stock converter ok to use with lithium batteries or do I need to change it out? I want to add solar about 200 to 300 watts and the lithium batteries along with the mttp controller etc. Any thoughts will be appreciated. I will search previous posts also. Thanks
I believe you will need to purchase a more efficient converter. Something with multiphase capabilities and higher voltage. They do make lithium dedicated chargers. My 2016 PW lexor had a progressive converter. Yes, it would charge the lithium batteries but not very efficiently and well. I do not think the batteries were ever charge to full capacity. Try to get your lithiums with built in blue tooth monitoring. This will allow you manage the full charge/discharge capacities.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote