Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2021, 07:06 AM   #41
Platinum Member

If you are happy, I am happy.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:26 AM   #42
Silver Member

I am happy! Will be even more happy when it is installed!!!
Old 01-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Has your unit arrived yet?

All of us would like to hear all the juicy details, the Good, the Bad & the Ugly of the install & first few days performance.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
Old 01-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #44
Silver Member

Yes it did! Old one is out. Have a new auxiliary fan ordered. My son-in-law will modify the cabinet soon.... then my son and son-in-law will pop it in!
I must say I am a little disappointed in the door shelving. Very narrow and nothing but a thin rod to hold items in. So I bought some cheap plastic trays, cut them into strips and zip-tied into place.
I am hoping to leave in a couple of weeks for a trip to wander around and visit my niece in mexco.
It will be sooo nice not to worry about leveling!!
Thanks again for all your help!
Old 01-28-2022, 06:14 PM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Lady View Post
Yes it did! Old one is out. Have a new auxiliary fan ordered. My son-in-law will modify the cabinet soon.... then my son and son-in-law will pop it in!
I must say I am a little disappointed in the door shelving. Very narrow and nothing but a thin rod to hold items in. So I bought some cheap plastic trays, cut them into strips and zip-tied into place.
I am hoping to leave in a couple of weeks for a trip to wander around and visit my niece in mexco.
It will be sooo nice not to worry about leveling!!
Thanks again for all your help!
Yes, compared to the Isotherm & Vitrifrigo the Novakool look basically but think of their primary application;

Bulletproof performance in rugged Marine Environments days & weeks from technical assistance & you understand thier emphasis.

I don't know what the fan is for. I doubt that you will need it. Have him wired it up if you feel you need it but with a switch, no need to run a fan if it's not needed.

KEEP US POSTED
Old 01-28-2022, 07:19 PM   #46
Silver Member

Yes.... glad I went for "bulletproof" basic quality.

I thought about varies ways to wire in the fan. themostat... thermostat and switch.... wired to come on anytime the frig fan is on...etc. I decided to just go for a simple switch which is already there. I am replacing the old fan mostly because it makes a lot of noise and sounds like it is dying.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:14 PM   #47
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yes.... glad I went for "bulletproof" basic quality.

I thought about varies ways to wire in the fan. themostat... thermostat and switch.... wired to come on anytime the frig fan is on...etc. I decided to just go for a simple switch which is already there. I am replacing the old fan mostly because it makes a lot of noise and sounds like it is dying.
I do NOT believe you need a Fan in the Novakool.

Zip.

Nada.

No.

You need one at the rear to pull the infinitesimal amount of heat generated but that comes with your unit.

I have a feeling running a fan inside a compressor unit as small as ours might actually do more harm.

PLEASE contact Novakool, ask for the Head Engineer & get his learned opinion.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #48
Silver Member

The fan I am replacing is mounted to the van near the top of my refrig compartment to help pull air towards the upper grill of the refrig space. I will just turn it on manually if I feel a little more air circulating out of the space between the frig and the outside of the van might help with very hot temps.
As you have said.... probably will never need it. The original fan is very old and very loud so just thought I would replace it since there is no frig in the space now. To replace it later would mean taking off the upper grill on the outside of the van or removing the refrig.
Now seems like a good time...
Old 02-23-2022, 09:55 PM   #49
Platinum Member

Checking in with you, has the installation happened yet?

I feel like one of my kids is having a Baby that is well overdue ...
Old 03-01-2022, 02:20 AM   #50
Silver Member

You are tooo funny!

Yes it is!!! running perfectly!! Packing up and planning on leaving home in a couple of days for a monthly long vacation.

I am really going to like not leveling!! One of my old friends that I am going to visit has quite a slope to her driveway. In the past, I had to park crosswise in her drive way.... this time. park regular plus a could of blocks. Love it!

Thank you so much for all your help with my new refrig!!
Old 03-01-2022, 02:28 AM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
You are tooo funny!

Yes it is!!! running perfectly!! Packing up and planning on leaving home in a couple of days for a monthly long vacation.

I am really going to like not leveling!! One of my old friends that I am going to visit has quite a slope to her driveway. In the past, I had to park crosswise in her drive way.... this time. park regular plus a could of blocks. Love it!

Thank you so much for all your help with my new refrig!!
By Thanking my contribution, you are truly celebrating all the help I received from everyone else on this forum.

The only extra I can give you as an owner is to make sure whatever is in the top tray doesn't knock the control know.

Did you get a Bluetooth unit like the Sensorpush?

If not, here are the details; www.sensorpush.com

Let us know how the Honeymoon continues.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:04 PM   #52
Silver Member

Well... maybe not running perfectly... I seem to only have about an 8 degree difference between refrig and freezer. At first I thought it was because just put a lot of food in but... after several days and letting it sit over night with no food added or door opened, still the same. So if I have the refrig at 40, the freezer is 32.etc.. I have used different thermometers and switched them around. How many degree difference do you get between frig and freezer?
I think I will be calling novakool tomorrow. I am also leaving on vacation tomorrow so will just have to try and make it work for this trip.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:06 PM   #53
Silver Member

Haven't gotten the sensor push. My dual remote digital is giving me trouble with one of the sensors so actually have been using simple thermometer gauges past couple of days.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:39 AM   #54
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well... maybe not running perfectly... I seem to only have about an 8 degree difference between refrig and freezer. At first I thought it was because just put a lot of food in but... after several days and letting it sit over night with no food added or door opened, still the same. So if I have the refrig at 40, the freezer is 32.etc.. I have used different thermometers and switched them around. How many degree difference do you get between frig and freezer?
I think I will be calling novakool tomorrow. I am also leaving on vacation tomorrow so will just have to try and make it work for this trip.
Start by turning the fridge down to 35-36 degrees. That's a better temperature for safely keeping food. That will lower the freezer temp, also. In my opinion, Novakools are a little disappointing when it comes to freezer temp, and I owned one. I improved the freezer performance slightly by trying to keep the cold air in the freezer compartment instead of letting it spill down into the fridge half. I used foam pipe insulation (the stuff with the split along its length that you would wrap around a pipe) to seal up the back and sides of the freezer box. Again this only slightly made a difference.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 02:27 AM   #55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
Start by turning the fridge down to 35-36 degrees. That's a better temperature for safely keeping food. That will lower the freezer temp, also. In my opinion, Novakools are a little disappointing when it comes to freezer temp, and I owned one. I improved the freezer performance slightly by trying to keep the cold air in the freezer compartment instead of letting it spill down into the fridge half. I used foam pipe insulation (the stuff with the split along its length that you would wrap around a pipe) to seal up the back and sides of the freezer box. Again this only slightly made a difference.
Don't know what is happening but this time your Prayers & Questions will be answered.

My Fridge runs flawlessly but I keep it at an average of 30-32% & the freezer around 8% - here are my numbers.

A lot of people swear by 38%.

ASAP BUY TWO SENSORPUSH units, they are invaluable, especially with a non Chest fridge.

KEEP US POSTED, MY LOVE CHILD IS HAVING TEETHING ISSUES...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220306-192412_SensorPush.jpg (104.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220306-192436_SensorPush.jpg (99.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-18-2022, 08:48 PM   #56
Platinum Member

What is the latest?

Did you resolve the issue?

What was the issue?

How was the support from Novakool?
Old 03-18-2022, 08:50 PM   #57
Platinum Member

Don't know what is happening but this time your Prayers & Questions will be answered.

The above sentence from the night before you were going to call Novakool came out wrong as it was supposed to state;

Don't know what is happening but BY THIS TIME TOMORROW AFTER SPEAKING TO NOVAKOOL ALL YOUR Prayers & Questions will be answered.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #58

After this thread, I thought that I also need Novakool. I didn't even think about buying a truck frig right now, but you've been talking about it so exciting that I can't resist, haha. I hope my insurer doesn't take this as another excuse to rip me off. Does anyone know how insurance companies feel about modifications? I'm betting on the average semi truck insurance cost, and I don't want to hear about some monstrous surcharges for a conventional refrigeration unit.
Hatiwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:13 PM   #59
Platinum Member

Insurance depends on the policy you have

"agreed value"

or do they use blue book

and do they add coverage for accessories ?

that'll all be in your policy

some do, some don't and it'll vary state by state even with the same company name on the policy

if you add anything save your paperwork in case you have a claim
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:28 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Yep, get an agreed value and also list the things that are non stock, so they would be part of that value and replaced with same if there were a loss.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote