Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #1

Default Dometic ignitor problems

Until I upgrade to a newer Roadtrek, I'd like to be able to take care of a problem with the refrigerator on my current Roadtrek. The Dometic RM2333 flame keeps going out. That's an issue but not in itself a big problem. What is a problem is that the ignitor sometimes relights the flame in a click or two, but at other times it may require (truly) hundreds of attempts! Any thoughts and suggestions on how to fix this?
TRERDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Typically you would remove the burner and ignitor and clean them, knocking any corrosion off if needed, then try it.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Gas pressure could be low. My new Dometic fridge was not staying lit. Pressure was at 10 inches. Replaced regulator as it was 15 years old. Fridge stays lit now.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Additional suggestion: Make sure you have ample air flow for combustion. I sealed off a large round hole under the fridge in my 2003 Dodge 190 thinking it was where a mouse had entered. When I opened it up and put a screen in the fridge lit and stayed lit more consistently. I'm not sure but I think fresh air opening needs to be at or lower than the level of the burner.
Bozeorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I replaced my igniter, took about 10 minutes...I thought it was fine, because I could see the spark. Every day I would have to reset a few times, not a big deal, because I was living in it full time. Funny thing is, I had the part for about 6 months and never put it in until I was in there checking something else. Don't do as others suggested. Cleaning it will only delay the issues and it's such an easy cheap fix.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote