Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #1

Default Enduro Lithium Battery

Does anyone have experience with Enduro Lithium Batteries? I need to replace my bad Relion 330 AMP AGM battery which is located underneath my 2019 Coachmen Galleria. I am looking at the 300 AMP Enduro which I believe would swap out into the same location making installation easier. I was leaning toward using three 100 AMP Battle Born batteries installed inside of the coach but that would be more complicated due to the cabling and space. Battle Born seems to be getting all of the youtube publicity by RVers but I have seem pretty good critiques of the Enduro which is a USA company also. The Enduro is also slightly smaller and less expensive.
DAKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm not going to suggest one battery over another. They're generally all getting better and cheaper, but so are Battleborns (now $799 on amazon). You're main concern should be that they fit your battery compartment.

But I do emphasize that you consider that a switch to lithiums requires charging components with lithium charge settings. Original non-lithium chargers will work to some extent, but at the cost of poor charging and shortened life of your expensive lithiums. Despite what some may say, lithiums are not a drop-in replacement for lead-acid batteries.

I went to Renogy lithiums (previous battery design) in '2018 because I wanted to move them inside and they were the smallest at that time and the only size that fit my space. Then I added a Renogy DC-DC charger to charge then while driving plus a new Inverter/Charger and battery monitor to accurately track state of charge. All together about $2800 (with my own labor) when all was said and done.

Nice to have doubled my usable battery capacity and now able to run the microwave off batteries, but pricey upgrade.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:39 PM   #3

Just be aware that Lithium batteries are not tolerant of temperature extremes unless they have cutoff protection for high and low built in. If you are placing it under your coach, it will be fully subject to the elements. Moving it inside might be worth it......
Fawudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:30 PM   #4

Default Heated Battle Borns

I have a 2020 Coachman Beyond (same interior on a Transit) and replaced my 330AH AGM with 2 100AH self heated Battle Borns. I modified the steel battery holder under the van and mounted the BB's there so there was no rewiring needed. Since you can only use 50% of the AGM's, I actually have more battery capacity now. I've had them in for 6 months now with no problems. I've only needed to use the generator once to help recharge the batteries. I did replaced the BIM and charger with Lithium versions. Everything works perfectly.
misplacedyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 11:16 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawudd View Post
Just be aware that Lithium batteries are not tolerant of temperature extremes unless they have cutoff protection for high and low built in. If you are placing it under your coach, it will be fully subject to the elements. Moving it inside might be worth it......
Agree. Inside is by far the most preferrable location, but also the most difficult. On my lithium install, I moved the batteries inside at some loss of interior storage. However, I made this back by repurposing the exterior battery tray by installing a plastic storage box that now holds my leveling blocks, booster cables, and some tools.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote