Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2020, 01:09 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default Front DC Power Outlet Cigarette Lighter

Is the front DC Power Outlet Cigarette Lighter powered by the house batteries when the radio power button switch is moved to house or does it stay connected to the chassis battery? Reason I'm asking is that I got a cell phone signal booster and it only comes with a DC power plug and don't want to leave it connected for several days if it's using the chassis battery and drain it; thanks. 2015 Winnebago Era.
Abn1SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Most likely connected to the chassis battery. Upfitters seldom change that. Easy to check. Unhook the coach battery and see if it still has power. Another way is to put a battery charger on the chassis battery and check the voltage at the outlet.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The Sprinter which an ERA is, has two 12V plugs on the dash. The cigarette outlet goes off when the engine is turned off. There is a another 12V plug under the dashboard center console that remains on all the time and another inside the glove compartment which I don't know the status because I don't use it and can't recall. They all run under the chassis battery and not the upfitter's house battery. I have a WeBoost cellphone signal booster under my dash which I assume is hardwired to the chassis battery (I should check) but then I also have a Trik-L-Start charger connected from my house battery to my chassis battery so keep the chassis battery charged from my 800ah lithium battery bank or indirectly shore power. If you are thinking about storage then you have to disconnect your chassis battery if you add loads to it especially if you don't have shore power and a means of keeping your battery charged, IMO.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote