Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #1

Default Generator Stop Button (inhouse) not working

Hello Again,

since there's a lot of knowledge here I'll ask about another small issue with my '95 Roadtrek 190 Popular.

Since a while the Stop button for the generator in the back of the van is not working anymore. I can start the generator from inside the van, but can't stop it from there. I always have to use the button at the generator itself. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I could check the responsible connections?`

btw. next to the start/stop button there is the 12V Cigarette lighter plug and on the same panel, there are two coaxial connections. what are these for??

Muchas Gracias!
Ronny
Ronnyrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Generator Stop Button (inhouse) not working

Not a Roadtrek owner, but I'll bet the 12 volt connection and two coax F connectors (screw on) are for TV and cable and power to a 12 volt TV set.

As to checking your stop switch on the generator, you don't need the wiring diagram, just a volt/ohm meter. Remove the screws that hold the switch in place so you can get at the wires behind it. Touch the meter leads to the wires, red to red and black (or white) to same color. Or if there is only red wires, red to red and black meter lead to nearest sheet metal or other ground. Then, with the generator off, put the meter on resistance and toggle the switch back and forth to see if it responds with a full scale "on" and no scale "off reading. If it doesn't, it is the switch.

https://www.classbforum.com/images/1994%20GMC.jpg
VernM is offline   Reply With Quote