Great points fratermus & GeorgeRa, thanks for the help.
60 cell panel
- could realize more output if later upgrading to MPPT
- maybe a bit better low light performance
- some additional mounting cost for both support and cooling
- not intended for mobile use or off grid
- MPPT controller required if expanding array
36 cell panel
- intended for mobile use & off grid
- no additional mounting hardware needed
- easy to acquire additional panels with same specs
- controller could handle 2nd panel added later
- smaller output gain if upgrading to MPPT later
It would cost less to upgrade to a MPPT controller than to buy and install a second panel. I could reuse my old design for a tilt-able mount - http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f8....html#post2419
- and that would be a low cost solution for added support, cooling and output.