Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default I got it and it runs nice and smooth!

I got the first one on Monday but it was damaged in shipping by DHL. I got the replacement generator Friday. The eBay seller is a good man to work with. He offered right away to send me a new Generator.

I have to return the damaged one to him after DHL has inspected it. He will pay for return shipping and follow up on the DHL claim.

I've had it running for 1/2 an hour. I put it on econo mode and when I put an 800 watt load on it the rpm's increased a little.

The noise level is acceptable to me. I wish I had something to compare it to. This is the first generator I've ever owned.

The generator came with a 12v charging cable, a spare fuel filter and a spark plug wrench. I read in the Owners manual that if the oil level falls below the lower level, the engine will stop automatically and won’t start until you add oil. Recommended oil is Yamalube 4 (10W-30) or SAE 10W-30 type SE motor oil.

Some of the above was a copy & paste from my other posts, emails & PM's - sorry to repeat myself - just trying to consolidate the info.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I ran it for almost 2 hours.

For my second test I plugged in my RV's 30A cord and ran the microwave. It worked great.

Then I ran the microwave and a toaster at the same. No problem. I might have been using 2000 watts at that point.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I'm supposed to be painting inside my house but I did another test

This time I ran my 11,500 BTU Air Conditioner in Heat Pump mode. (too cold up here for cooling) No problem at all, still in econo mode.

While the heat pump was running I ran the microwave on high. No problem, still in econo mode.

The battery charger in my RV was running also but, as my batteries were already charged, it wouldn't have drawn much.

I might have been using 2600 watts for this test.

With my $15 digital multimeter I measured the outlets - 118 volts in econo-mode with no load. With econo-mode off I measured 117.5 volts again with no load.

Both the 30 amp outlet and the 20 amp outlet measured the same voltage.

That's it for my tests - I better get busy painting.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #4

Any more testing? db meter? Amp meter? Pics of the inside? I'd say it looks suspiciously similar to the Yammy 2400. Is it just a knock-off of it, do you think? It'd be real interesting to see someone peg the maximum load rating to see how many amps it can produce and what the voltage is under load on both units.

Anyhow, have fun with it. I wish I had an amp meter. I'd love to know what amps I'm pulling with the AC and fridge on and both sides of a 4-slot toaster. I pop the breaker on my Briggs 5500 when they're both on. (If I remember right.)
BungeeII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:01 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I'm hoping to borrow a db meter. I'd like to measure the amps also but I don't have the equipment.

It's a bit bigger than the Yamaha and the enclosure is constructed differently.

And yes, I will post photos of the inside but it will take me a while. I'm trying to get things done around the house so I can go camping!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I went ahead and bought a dB meter on eBay. I should have it in a week or so.