Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 10:26 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default If you were going to add a soft start . . .

to your air conditioner what brand would you use? There are so many out there. Adding this to a my Travato.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I installed Easy Start. Works as advertised.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
to your air conditioner what brand would you use? There are so many out there. Adding this to a my Travato.
The Micro Air Easy Start. I installed on my Dometic 11K AC unit a couple of years ago. Watch the videos for your unit. Purchase the easy install kit. Saves time. Look for a discount coupon. I believe they are available for $25.00 discount?
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
Gold Member

Hello, what is a soft start for the AC? I found a small portable AC and came up with an interesting way to vent in my 2020 Travato K. This also acts as a dehumidifier. Leaving in Florida I put the AC on when stored in my driveway and plugged in, on low fan and it does the trick.
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife View Post
Hello, what is a soft start for the AC? I found a small portable AC and came up with an interesting way to vent in my 2020 Travato K. This also acts as a dehumidifier. Leaving in Florida I put the AC on when stored in my driveway and plugged in, on low fan and it does the trick.
The Easy Start allows the ac to start in phases. Like the fan first, than compressors, etc. This reduces the required start up amps on the generator/battery/electrical power sources. If you live in Florida. There is a person on FB Travato who changed his ac unit to the Houghton Belaire. It has a setting on it for humidity. Basically dries out all air. He swears by it and runs it daily. I just upgraded to this unit about a month ago. It has come down in prices since he purchased it 3 years ago. No need for Easy Start with this unit. It has variable compressor/ fan so starts in phases.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlum View Post
The Easy Start allows the ac to start in phases. Like the fan first, than compressors, etc. This reduces the required start up amps on the generator/battery/electrical power sources. If you live in Florida. There is a person on FB Travato who changed his ac unit to the Houghton Belaire. It has a setting on it for humidity. Basically dries out all air. He swears by it and runs it daily. I just upgraded to this unit about a month ago. It has come down in prices since he purchased it 3 years ago. No need for Easy Start with this unit. It has variable compressor/ fan so starts in phases.
Thank you so much. I don't like the loud AC, but really need something with a lower fan and drys the air as you said. I will check out the Houghton Belaire and see what it costs. Again take care and safe travels
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote