Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #1

Default Inverter Beeping

Hi Folks,
I recently purchased a 2014 RT Agile SS. The house batteries were pretty much toast so that was my first project to replace them. That went fine with 2 new 6 volt batteries. The inverter, however, will not stop beeping when I throw on the battery disconnect switch. I have the upgraded Tripp-lite inverter. I have searched the forum but no success. We live in Nova Scotia Canada and hope to travel across to Ontario once the boarders open to visit my Mom, but time is growing short for that. My Dad was an electrician so I know just enough to be dangerous. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tom
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi Tom

welcome to the forums, somebody here will be able to help

I use tripplete UPS's at work..yours isn't doing UPS mode is it?

if so, there is a button to be held to silence the alarm when it looses line power

Bluenoser, living in AZ
My Mom is in Ottawa, the border with Quebec is open, My brother is on the QC side and no issues crossing there.

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Are you sure your RT has a Tripp-Lite inverter/charger? I ask because I don't think the Tripp-Lite RV series has an audible alarm.

Turning the battery switch on enables house loads & LP gas & CO detectors. Some of those detectors beep when system voltage is too low.

Have you run the engine or plugged into grid power when you hear the beeping?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

Hi Mike, (and fellow Bluenoser)
That's amazing to hear a Bluenoser living in AZ! Great news about the boarder, that has just moved up my plans for the trip as soon as I confirm with the RCMP. I just sourced the beeping noise, it is coming from the microwave oven, as soon as I turned off the circuit breaker for it the beeping stopped. I think I need new ears though.
Cheers from NS
Old 06-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #5

Thanks for the input. I just figured out the beeping was from the oven, and as soon as I turned the breaker off for the oven it stopped beeping. That being said, the TV and A/C outlets do not seem to work with the battery switch on and inverter on. I will keep troubleshooting though. Everything works great when plugged into shore power, so that positive news I hope. Thanks again for your help.