Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 01:50 AM   #1

Default Inverter beeping problems

I have a 2017 pleasure way lexor ts. When i plug into shore power the invertor turns on. It works fine until the batteries get to 14.6 volts and then the invertor starts beeping. It beeps once every few minutes and then increases in regular intervals. It really seems to have no consistency to the number of beeps or the regularity. There are no error codes on the invertor. Has anyone had a problem with this?
Fisher182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:16 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Could the beeping be coming from some other device near the inverter? (CO or Propane detectors, fridge etc. protesting high DC voltage)

Does your PW have a Xantrex inverter and a Progressive Dynamics charger?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Sloughing off extra current when you reach the maximum charge on the batteries? Have you tried turning the charger off and restarting it to see if the beeping stops?

Do you have solar power with a solar power controller? If yes, could the beeping be coming from there?
Old 01-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I think it would be best if we knew what inverter/charger you have. I assume it on their lithium batteries? Perhaps they have set a voltage trigger to tell you to shut off the charger because that would be when the batteries would be full (or may maybe over full).

I also agree with the comments of it possibly being something else, as beeps really can be hard to tell where they are coming from.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #5

Thanks for all the input. The inverter is off by itself so the beeping is definitely coming from there. It is a 2000w freedom XI. There is a solar controller, Its an 30 amp pwm solar controller by Go Power. The one thing i haven't done is turn the generator on when it starts beeping to see if it happens then too. I will do that this afternoon when i am at a place i can plug in.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #6

It is on lithium batteries
Old 01-19-2020, 02:26 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Thanks for the information.

Here is the owner manual for the unit.

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Pow...-01_Rev-A).pdf

Page 9 tells how to shut off the alarm.

Page 15 explains error codes which is likely why it is alarming

Page 24 shows what the codes are for, so hopefully it will tell you what is going on.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #8

Thanks, my internet connection here is sporadic so posts are slow.
I shut the alarms off and didnt work. The sound is coming from the dispay unit for the inverter not the actual inverter itself. Last time i plugged in when it started beeping i put on a heavy load and it stopped. I unplugged and started the generator and it performed the same.
I got checking around and could hear a fan (sounded like a computer fan) that appeared to be struggling. It is on the converter. The converter was warm to the touch but by no stretch hot. Is it normal for the converter to be warm?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I'll bet it's your Solar Power Controller. Sloughing off excess current when your battery is fully charged. One of the Go Power controllers is known to screech when it does this.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher182 View Post
Thanks, my internet connection here is sporadic so posts are slow.
I shut the alarms off and didnt work. The sound is coming from the dispay unit for the inverter not the actual inverter itself. Last time i plugged in when it started beeping i put on a heavy load and it stopped. I unplugged and started the generator and it performed the same.
I got checking around and could hear a fan (sounded like a computer fan) that appeared to be struggling. It is on the converter. The converter was warm to the touch but by no stretch hot. Is it normal for the converter to be warm?
Thanks

Do you have the manual for the remote, I can't find one on the Xantrex site? I think the PN is 808-9016.

If it is like the other remotes for the Freedom they show, it should have an indicator lamp on it for faults and be able to show a fault code, I think. So that would be a good place to start.

Easiest may be a call or email to Xantrex to see what they say about it all.

Converters are normally a bit warm based on how much power they are generating. I assume it also charges the batteries and that is where the largest draw usually is so low batteries will make the converter run warmer when 110v power is available to it.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #11

Thanks for your help, i am going make some phone calls and also investigate the solar controller, i know they have been problematic in the past
Old 01-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #12
Bronze Member

I was very frightened, the unit performed exceptional, the sound scheme I used was the norm us, and this inverter had no harms powering it.
Jill Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:19 PM   #13

Just a follow up. I finally talked to someone from freedom inverters that didnt think i was a complete idiot and sent me a form to do a bunch of tests. As it turns out they are sending me an inverter under warranty. Thanks for all your suggestions
Old 01-31-2020, 02:14 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Thanks for posting the update.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging system, inverter, inverter beeping, shore power