Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 AM   #1

Default Just ordered Pro3600Si

Hey folks, new member here from northeast part of Louisians. Been hanging around reading a bit about the Boliy and decided tonight to order. I purchased from Jim at kiporguy primarily because for same money as other sites I got parts AND labor & free shipping on warranty returns and purchase... total delivered price $995.50
I've been using a KGE3500Ti for some time now on my 5th wheel but want something not so heavy so I can move it for oher applicaions. Looking forward to getting it here
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #2

Default Re: Just ordered Pro3600Si

Received the new Boliy and took it out the next weekend.
What I liked about this unit - 72lbs easy to move around compared to 130+ for other brands. That's about all the good comments I have for this unit.

I had problems all weekend keeping it running. Longest it ran without dying was just over 30 minutes. Most times it died withing 3-5 minutes or less. Had a fuel issue, you could hear it starving for gas before it died. When we arrived back home I drained the fuel tank to send the unit back and several black plastic curls come out with the gas, probably when they drilled the plastic tank and didn't remove them. I think this was probably the source of fuel problem and cleaning the lines and changing carb my have made it right but don't think I cared about having to do that to a brand new generator.

Other issue, and this may be related to fuel issue, but this generator didn't do any better carrying a load that my present Kipoer KGE3500Ti. In fact the Kipor never fails to start my 15,000 BTU Coleman but twice the Boliy labored and wouldn't start the generator.

I'm just not impress with the one I had, but it is only one unit and maybe this is the exception more than the rule but no way a new generator should leave the line with this much plastic waste left in the tank. Also the end panel of the generator was popped loose when I removed the unit from the box and I had to remove the screws and set the panel back in place. Plasic case on these units not very thick and also it is very soft plastic... looks cheap... feels cheap.

Maybe I just got a bad deal but got my money for generator and new cover refunded and glad to get back to my Kipor.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear of your troubles with this. It was "luck of the draw" with the early units - sadly, that still seems to be the case.

I've read many reports of "fuel starvation" problems.

Many of us like the "idea" of a quiet generator that weighs less than the competition and costs less than Honda or Yamaha.

It's too bad Boily still has quality control issues.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #4

marko,
Even with the trouble I had with this unit after taling to a guy that sells them in Austin, Tx I'm ready to give the Boliy another try. I remember when Kipor first hit the scene they had similar problems and eventually seem to have ironed them out and I now find them several local stores here that offer local service.

What happened was a few weeks ago I saw a small generator at a campout and like it so much I asked where to get one. It is a 2009 model Disafter DS1000P3 from bottomlinetrading.com and cost $300 including shipping. It's a 1000W continuous and 1250W start completely enclosed and it has done everything I could ever hope and more in a unit that size. Let me first say I don't have anything to do with this company & don't even know anyone there but if someone is interested in a small, quiet, generator with a bit more umph than Kipor & Yamaha I have to say it's impressed me a bunch. http://www.bottomlinetrading.com/DS1000P3.html

Anyway, they also sell, service, and stock parts for the Boliy and crank and test under load every generator before it leaves their location. He says they are having great results with the 2009 blue Boliy and I've decided to give it another shot. Like you I really hope to find the lighter, less expensive unit powerfull enough to handle what I need.
Thanks
scrollmaster