Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 05:00 AM   #1

Default Macerator Not Working on 2018 Simplicity SRT

Hello B friends,

The last time we dumped (shoutout to Sanidumps.com), during the process, noticed the macerator pump was no longer working. Does anyone know where the location of the fuse for the macerator can be located? Not sure if that is the issue but it's a good place to start.
denialnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #2

By no longer working do you mean the pump motor was not “running” determined by lack of sound or perhaps was the pump “running” but not pumping. My 9 yr old pump failed to pump last year, the motor was fine but no effluent being pumped out. The problem was that the plastic impeller blades inside the pump were softened / worn from age / use. I replaced the pump at significant cost but if circumstances allowed replacement of the impeller would have been a better alternative.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
Bronze Member

It's in the inverter cabinet. The fuse/circuit breaker. Problems with the macerator often end up being the red button in the driver's door post. The panel is easy to remove. Check to see if the wires behind it came loose. Otherwise, use a voltmeter to check the continuity of the circuit.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkbL9vqmMFTohalb...D7VOw?e=4hGU7T
Buford Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:43 AM   #4

Thanks for the picture. I don't hear anything when I press the red button. I'll check behind the button panel (just unscrewing the two screws hopefully) as well as the inverter cabinet. Where do I use the voltmeter? On the connections shown in the pic? Or behind the button panel? Could there be something lodged at the macerator? Do you know where that is located and if it's easily accessible? Thanks again!
Old 06-28-2021, 02:05 AM   #5
Platinum Member

If it turns out to be the fuse, I had my macerator suddenly start blowing it's 20A fuse. I had to temporarily put in a 25A fuse to make it quit blowing. Soon after that I noticed it started leaking so I replaced it.

While going up a fuse size isn't recommended, my wires were not overheating (I can touch my wires since the macerator is right at the edge of my rv) so it got me by for a short while.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #6

Default Replying to Aggie and rowiebowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
If it turns out to be the fuse, I had my macerator suddenly start blowing it's 20A fuse. I had to temporarily put in a 25A fuse to make it quit blowing. Soon after that I noticed it started leaking so I replaced it.

While going up a fuse size isn't recommended, my wires were not overheating (I can touch my wires since the macerator is right at the edge of my rv) so it got me by for a short while.

Good luck.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
By no longer working do you mean the pump motor was not “running” determined by lack of sound or perhaps was the pump “running” but not pumping. My 9 yr old pump failed to pump last year, the motor was fine but no effluent being pumped out. The problem was that the plastic impeller blades inside the pump were softened / worn from age / use. I replaced the pump at significant cost but if circumstances allowed replacement of the impeller would have been a better alternative.

Do you know where exactly at the edge the macerator is? Is it by the black tank release valve (dunno if I'm using right terminology). Also, is the fuse in the inverter? We put a Puffy (bed) on top of the seats so access is very limited.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

Good luck.

So where is the fuse or circuit breaker to reset? Is it in the picture above I only see the posts. No fuse?
solomed is offline   Reply With Quote