Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #1

Default Newbie Needing Help With 1999 Coachmen

After a year of looking for a class B I recently bought a 1999 Ford Coachmen M-19 rear dinette. It had some issues but the price was right. I've fixed the minor mechanical issues and am now starting on the RV systems. As an ex-plumber I'm assuming I can handle the plumbing. I'm not experienced with electrical systems & the Coachmen manual is about useless. I hooked it to shore power before buying and everything (ac/lights/fridge) seemed to work. It didn't have a house battery and the generator had been removed.

I installed a house battery today. So far I've figured out how to turn on interior/porch lights & the water pump. The vent fan came on when hooked to shore power but I can't get it to come on with house power. I've located the solenoids but can't find a fuse block or circuit breakers. I've checked the location for a "power center" shown in the manual & can't find squat. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
trdhrdr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdhrdr007 View Post
After a year of looking for a class B I recently bought a 1999 Ford Coachmen M-19 rear dinette. It had some issues but the price was right. I've fixed the minor mechanical issues and am now starting on the RV systems. As an ex-plumber I'm assuming I can handle the plumbing. I'm not experienced with electrical systems & the Coachmen manual is about useless. I hooked it to shore power before buying and everything (ac/lights/fridge) seemed to work. It didn't have a house battery and the generator had been removed.

I installed a house battery today. So far I've figured out how to turn on interior/porch lights & the water pump. The vent fan came on when hooked to shore power but I can't get it to come on with house power. I've located the solenoids but can't find a fuse block or circuit breakers. I've checked the location for a "power center" shown in the manual & can't find squat. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Most rv's have a master battery disconnect switch. Mine is located near the power center (inverter/charger, fuses, breakers, etc). If you've located the disconnect switch, I'd look for a panel or other access point near by.

Which of these youtube Coachmen models is closest to yours.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Coachment+M-19

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:04 PM   #3

THIS IS MY EXACT PROBLEM! I have tried to locate the breakers/panel box. Have you found it? I have overhauled a class c a few years ago but I am completely new to this. Like you, no generator or house batter, everything worked when connected to shore power but when I kept testing things the next week, the breaker snapped. I know it but don't have a clue how to address it. It seems like such a simple thing
BreeZee is offline   Reply With Quote