Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
The Magnum + ARC50 remote + BMK kit is an awesome way to get precise charging control. On a B van with lead acid batteries and a compressor fridge I don't know if there's a better way to do it. I doubt there is.
The Magnum + ARC50 is a great replacement as long as it fits in the space allocated for the inverter. But for Etreks, the BMK kit can't be employed because the negative battery leads are not common which is required for using a single shunt.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtogo View Post

1. The inverter is still charging the batteries.
Although it has to be on for the shoreside charger to operate the inverter never actually charges the batteries. If the charger fails, the only charge source the batteries see is the alternator.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Although it has to be on for the shoreside charger to operate the inverter never actually charges the batteries. If the charger fails, the only charge source the batteries see is the alternator.

I think he is referring to the inverter/charger as inverter in this case, and with the 110v output wiring compromised, but the 110v wiring in OK, and the 12v wiring out OK, I would expect the batteries to charge fine but the 110v to the coach be bad on both shore and inverter.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:19 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I just looked at the Magnum ARC 50 remote and it says it is a 6P4C connector which may be what you have now. It would 6 position 4 conductor.

As long as you have 4w wires, you could probably just change connector if needed.
There are three different connectors that will mate with an RJ11 port - 2 pin, 4 pin and 6 pin. The 6P version will mate with a two, four or six conductor flat cable.