Looking for some advice! My Onan Microlite 2800 (gas) starts then shuts down between 5-10 seconds.
- Purchased 1999 Islander with built in generator in September 2017
- Generator ran OK, but needed a tune up (hard to start after off for awhile, blows a bit of white smoke at start up, occasional surging)
- Changed oil (spilled a bit in the bottom of the case)
- This problem started immediately after changing the oil
- Changed the spark plug (old plug was covered in oil), issue still persisted
- Changed the air filter, no change
- Changed the fuel filter, set would not start at all
- Drained a bit of oil (from 7/8 to "1/8") as I read that the sensors on these sets can falsely read overfull, no change
- Next day tried again, started and shutoff again, would not start again
- Sprayed some carb cleaner in, started and shutoff again
- Now back to same issue, start and shuts off after 5-10 seconds
I am thinking its the oil pressure switch, but not sure if there is anything else I can try before the major
project of pulling it out of the RV to service the sensor?