Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2022, 03:47 AM   #1

Default Onan plug 0167-1652 cross reference

Does anyone know of a high quality spark plug that cross references to an Onan 0167-1652? I can't find one, and the plug that's in it now is a poor quality Torch E6RC. I'm not even sure the E6RC is the correct plug (burning rich), so I don't want to base off that.

Yes, I could replace with a stock Onan, but since the plug is made by a different company, and costs $12+, I'd rather upgrade for a lower cost.

The Onan 2800 may have other issues, but I can't try to start in now anyway. I'm assuming a prior owner had the main gas tank dropped for some reason, and when reinstalled, the fuel line was placed between the tank and the frame, squeezing the line shut. Not a drop gets out.

Thank You!
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:40 PM   #2
Bronze Member

As a suggestion, Onan-Cummins sells "maintenance kit" for Genny. Not too pricey for a full kit. Here is the links (mine was for the HGJBB genny.

It might help:

https://shop.cummins.com/CSSNAStore/...intenance-kits
habsfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:52 PM   #3

The Onan maintenance kit costs $76; or you can buy the plug, fuel & air filter individually from Onan for about $12 each!! The only other item the kit has is a quart of oil. What a rip-off.

The nice lady at the Onan shop said a good auto parts store could cross-ref the NGK BR6HS plug (AC Delco R44F is one option at 1/4 of the Onan price), and the fuel filter; maybe the air filter. I went ahead and bought a plug and air filter from Onan. I'll need to pull the fuel filter as the parts store wanted a visual, and will upgrade the plug too.

It was also her opinion that most minor parts for the genny could safely be bought at a parts store at much lower prices. The fuel pump and carb were items she thought should be OEM though.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote