Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Pleasure Way Ascent lithium batteries drained

I’m looking for any information as to why my batteries are draining. I just got back from a trip where the solar and batteries worked great and now the are at 0%. I turn off the batteries at the panel and they still drain.
Westie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

From the info you previously posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie View Post
I’m looking for any information on why my Lithium batteries loose their charge without anything on. I have a 2017 Pleasure way ascent. I turn off the battery and the inverter panel as well as the microwave light stays on until the batteries show 0%.
The inverter most likely has its own direct connection to the battery bank. That's a fairly common setup particularly if the maximum power input to the inverter exceeds the maximum rating of the battery disconnect switch.

The easiest solution is to turn off the inverter when it is not needed.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #3

To add to what markopolo stated; I installed the same Xantrex inverter shown in Pleasure Way's sales videos in my 2012 Platuea; the inverter turns on automatically any time shore power is connected and stays on after power is removed;

The inverter draws approximately 1 amp on standby; if I disconnect shore power and forget to power down the inverter it uses about 25 amp hours per day until I notice it's on.

Sometime in tbe last year I was reading the owner's manual for a of the Plateau with the Xantrex inverter; if my memory has not failed me it stated some like "the battery disconnect switch does not remove power to the inverter, the inverter must be turned off using the inverter remote panel "

If any or all of this is incorrect I bow to those with more knowledge.

PJ
mck150stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Bronze Member

I attempted to turn off the inverter, however the inverter display control panel light remained on after holding it down for one second. The microwave continues to have power even then the battery is shut off.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Westie, I see you are from Oregon. Over the winter, did you fully charge the lithium ion (LI) batteries before storage? After charging, you need to disconnect the LI batteries with the red master switch (like a key) accessed thru left rear entry door above LI batteries (pg 42 of owner's manual). If you did not disconnect the LI batteries and your Ascent is under roof or covered for winter storage or temps drop below 32F, the LI batteries probably lost voltage. Also, if if you did turn off for long term storage, did you turn it back on? If the red master switch remains off, the LI batteries will not charge from the vehicle alternator, solar panels,or shore power. If all else fails, contact PW at :
info@pleasureway.com for more info. Their staff and support is excellent. Hope this helps. Good luck, Ralph Ascent.
RalphAscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie View Post
I attempted to turn off the inverter, however the inverter display control panel light remained on after holding it down for one second. The microwave continues to have power even then the battery is shut off.
I think your inverter is direct connected (thru a fuse or breaker) to the battery; if so and you are on shore power the inverter will not turn off; if you do not have shore power connected holding the power button on the remote for 1 second until it beeps should turn it off.

If it doesn't something is wrong.

PJ
Old 07-31-2019, 03:53 AM   #7
Bronze Member

I do think something is wrong. The inverter will not turn off at the panel. I spoke with a local tech today and he told me to plug into shore power to see if the batteries will hold a charge. When I did that, what I assumed is the charger turned on under the bed seat. I checked it and it was warm to the touch. Is that normal. As of 9:00 tonight the batteries are up to 90% and the microwave lights are on with the battery system off at the panel. We will see!!

Thanks for your help
Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #8

If you are not connect to shore power and your microwave lights are on then your batteries are connected to the inverter and the inverter is on and operating.

I found a 2017 Plateau owners manual online; states on page 39 that the battery panel switch do not disconnect the batteries from the inverter
Old 08-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #9
Bronze Member

Default Go Power display panel

I spent sometime on the phone with the Go Power tech and he help explain how everything works. I was able to turn off the converter and the microwave. My problem now is the panel shows 0 charge coming from the solar panels into the batteries. It also only shows 1 battery information on the display when I have 2 lithium batteries. Guess I’ll be back on the phone come Monday.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:39 AM   #10
Bronze Member

Default Got it working

Just a quick follow up on my Batteries. The problem was a blown fuse behind the Go Power display panel. Easy fix after I new it was there. The help came from info@pleasureway.com on the suggestion from RalphAscent. PW sent me pictures of where to look for the fuses coming from the panels and in 10 minutes I was back charging.