Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #1

Default Plugged in, but no power....

I have 2008 Roadtrek Popular 190. Plugged into shore power, went inside...nothing....I have checked all breakers under the driver side bunk. I have confirmed there is power at the shore outlet. What else would be a single point of failure for all 120 power????
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

GFI plug maybe
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Automatic transfer switch in the left hand bolster to the rear of the kitchen is the most likely. Black box just to the left of the water heater, right near the outside of the van. It will have 110v cables going to it, probably including the big black shore power cord (ours did), so easy to identify. If you have a generator, do you get power from it.

The transfer switch should clunk a bit after you plug in as it connects power to the van.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #4

Don't have a generator......is there any way to check the transfer switch (Luckily I'm at my son's house, so we just slept inside but I'd LIKE to get it working)
Old 06-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Don't have a generator......is there any way to check the transfer switch (Luckily I'm at my son's house, so we just slept inside but I'd LIKE to get it working)
The quickest is to just listen for the clunk. If you don't get that, it is likely not working. Beyond that, you would have to remove the cover and check for power in and out with a meter, and if you are not familiar with 110v power, it is best to leave it to someone that is experienced.

Remove the bolster cushion and open the hinged door on top, and then have someone plug in the shore power. Within a minute you should hear the clunk of the switch closing.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The quickest is to just listen for the clunk. If you don't get that, it is likely not working. Beyond that, you would have to remove the cover and check for power in and out with a meter, and if you are not familiar with 110v power, it is best to leave it to someone that is experienced.

Remove the bolster cushion and open the hinged door on top, and then have someone plug in the shore power. Within a minute you should hear the clunk of the switch closing.
Thanks...I've worked around electricity and electronics all my life.....not that I know much, but I DO respect it and work safely...I'll give it a try when I get home.....If, no joy, you'll probably be hearing from me again! LOL!
Old 06-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
GFI plug maybe
That was my problem one time. Took me a day to figure it out, now I "look for the little green light." Green is good.